Any novel ideas on concealing game cams?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    Anyone have any novel ideas on concealing game cams? I want to try and keep the thieves from seeing it and stealing or destroying it. I would like to see the wildlife on my family land but if there is a trespasser I would like to not have them spot it and then take it. I have thought about the armor kits that are sold but that just stands out like a sore thumb and says 'shoot me'.

Thanks,

Chuck

Last edited:

witdog2020

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Muncie
    Put them up high - at least ten feet and aim them down at the run/bait..

You can pick a tree that has a limb that runs slightly upward, it actually gives you a better view and at longer range. I have the IR camera and the red light comes on when a deer is nearby, the does don't even care. The wiley big bucks on the other hand were always steering away from it. Since I moved it up I don't have that issue. I use removeable keyhole steps to climb up and change cards and batteries. I just carry the steps with me. I still use an 1/8" steel cable and lock, just for my own sanity.

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    Chcuk,

10 foot up works.. the perps dont look up...niether will the deer

That's a great idea. I might make a fake limb to put it in. I only have had my game camera half ass installed for about a month and have already photoed one poacher.

Chuck

Top Bottom