Any of you bought a gun without holding/testing it out?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Indy Southside
    I'll have my first 1911 in 2 days...sight unseen or tested (SA LW Champion Op) :) I think it's a generational thing....I'm 27 and have grown up buying things online (eBay etc). My dad is also a gun enthusiast, but doesn't have a clue how to use a computer. Everyday I scan armslist for both my interest and his. I feel like you can make almost any kind of new item purchase "sigh unseen" with adequate research.

BEBOATS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Paoli, Indiana
    I don't think this what you mean by not seeing or holding first. I have bought new guns off of Bud's and Davis and have been very satisfied with them. I've also bought used guns off of SOG and have been satisfied. Myself I wouldn't buy off of a individual without checking it out in first person.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    Any of you bought a gun without holding/testing it out beforehand?
    i generally do this quite often with INGO purchases.. not a problem though, as guns are like conservative investments. (they never loose too much value.) or at least some of them.

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    I have never heard anyone say bad things about a Sig Sauer pistol. Maybe the price. :spend: Check out some you-tube reviews on it. IMO you can't go wrong with a P226. BUT, being lazy is a bad habit. :D

Last edited:

cj7jeep81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    I've purchased a few mail order. Got an SKS, Sig P6, mosin, and built my AR from parts, so I guess that counts. But they're also all pretty cheap, and if I was spendign a decent chunk of money, I'd want to check it out first.

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    When CDNN was blowing out Mateba Unica 6's back in '01, I ordered one without ever having seen one in real life, just because I wanted to know what they looked like in the steel. :rolleyes:

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    So I really want to buy a gun (Sig P226 Elite Stainless), but I don't really have enough time (and I'm kind of lazy lol) to go check it out (and I missed the gun show). I don't need it immediately, so I'm gonna try and get a hold of it before I buy, but I've been wanting this gun for a while and I know I'll eventually get it anyway (it's to be my first gun.

Have any of you bought a gun without holding/firing it, and if so, how did your purchase turn out (good, bad, meh)? How irrational would it be if I did actually buy it? lol
    Yes, I bought a Ruger Mark lll without seeing it or touching it. I love it, it is wonderfully accurate with no problenms. Also bought a Herritage cowboy 22LR, love it and it also is aCCURATE. Also bought an NAA 22LR mini derranger that way. Love it and will never sell it. Also bought a Bond Arms 45LC/410 the same way. Loved it, but traded it because it was too heavy for CC. PleASE dont gripe at me but also AM Buying a Hi-Point 9mm the same way. I have not got it yet so I dont knoe about it, :) Sorry, the typos are due to too much burbon. :)

sht4brnz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    N.IndNpls
    All of the guns ive purhased were never shot and very few were handled prior to purchase. That doesnt mean i didnt do my best to research, handle, and examine similar guns to help acquire a personal opinion. I rarely have found myself regretting a purchase, with the exception if when the desire to own out ways paying a good price.

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    I would NEVER buy a gun without having played with it (or its twin) first. That's one of the reasons I go to gun shows; to handle/play with different guns. I've purchased guns without firing them, but had played with enough of that model to know what I was getting. -- Greg

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    I bought an ar-10 offa guy that lived near the In/Mi line.( I'm an hour south of Indy) Had pics but never handled it before I bought it. Little scary really but the price was right.

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Without firing but with extensive time in hand at the local gun store. But most of my purchases are based on what I have read about the gun, then holding and then buying and confirming that I like how it fires. Good luck so far but I read a LOT!

Parker

Top Bottom