• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    There are some brand new screen setups that do that. Kinda blew my mind.
    USB C / Thunderbolt are "daisy chain" connections for Monitors & other devices now
    Man, I wish I was a lil smarter on this stuff. She works for the gubberment and these are the systems they use. It is just 2 monitors, but the cable on monitor #1 will not fit into the tower plug....but it will fit the plug on Monitor #2. Then Monitor #2 has a cable that goes out with a black box in line on it that plugs into tower. She then has a headset that she takes calls on and the monitors have customers information.

She is gonna do a speed test when she gets in later and see what it is.

Thanks for your help folks!

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    T-mobile does offer a home based internet, it runs off a box they provide that uses the cell towers. So i just looked it up. The device is 5g & has wifif, & 2 ethernet ports. $50 a month if avaliable in the area. Here is the t-mobile website link
    So how fast is this T Mobile? Like my Xfinity when I do a test is 234 Mbps......wonder how T Mobile would compare to that?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So how fast is this T Mobile? Like my Xfinity when I do a test is 234 Mbps......wonder how T Mobile would compare to that?
    cellular based systems are dependent on signal strength. Expect 10-50mbps.

The downside is you are limited to how much data you can consume per month. After you hit your data cap, they either start charging you extra for every x mbits or throttle the speed down to DSL speeds.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Supposedly t-mobile is not capping the home internet. At least it is a 5g device so service should be decent.
    Cool. So long as she doesnt live in a situation we used to be in... In the middle of 3 cell towers, each a LIIIIIIIITLE too far away. 1 bar in the house at all times at best. To the point my office had to provide a PicoCell... a network device that emulated a cell tower and used the internet to route the calls.

Now we have a tower 1/2 mile away line of sight and ive got between 2 and full depending on where I am in the house.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    FTTH (Fiber to the house) is far superior to any cable company offering. You typically get an upload speed equal to your download speed and latency in the <10ms range. Cable can match or exceed download bandwidth but can't touch the upload bandwidth or latency. I believe the new bottom tier fiber package is 300/300Mbps for ~$45/month.
    I had verizon fiber when I was in Los Angeles. My upload was faster than my buddy in Detroit had for download! Was awesome for photography and uploading images to the lab.

Top Bottom