• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Just curious if anyone has any experience and "wisdom" regarding fanny packs for gun conceal. I know there are some posts here but they are old any maybe things have changed?

I'd appreciate your opinion - good or bad!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have a couple of packs that were made specifically for carry many years ago. They were made by Bianchi I believe. They had a plastic backer embedded in them along with a cutout to fit the gun and a velcro strap. They also had a cord that you pulled to rip open to access the gun.

I haven't used them as a fanny pack for quite some time, but they are nice for keeping the gun separate in a backpack, etc without raising anyone's interest, etc.

Here's an internet picture of one, though mine were just a bit different than this specific picture.
    762242.jpg

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I have a 5.11 fanny pack that carries my Glock 42 as a well as a spare magazine. I use the fanny pack whenever I`m out walking for exercise with the wife, but figure on incorporating it a lot more into daily use.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I have one I use when the family goes to the beach. It looks like a regular pack with pockets but has a velcro sealed pouch that you can pull and get to the firearm. Not my favorite carry method but better than nothing; and I generally don't go swimming with my firearm. I may have gotten it from 'The Sportsman's Guide' years ago.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    89   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I got one about 10 years ago. I've only used it a few times, but those times I did, it worked out very well. Only ever needed it when I'm walking around in sketchy areas in gym shorts, and I have no belt on, so I can't wear a holster. Was heading to FL for vacation at tthe time, so I ordered one up. Used it for a couple of vacations. It's the Tommy Gun fanny pack. It's pretty big, and I was packing a G17 with TLR1 at the time. Plenty of room, and very easy to get to the weapon. Getting ready to head down there again Friday. We haven't been on a family vacation in several years, but I'll probably bring it with just in case I somewhere in my nice looking tourist gym shorts... Plus I'm old now, and tuck in my shirts more... I had a "cannon" camera patch sewn on mine to try to disguise it some. Then again, it does hold a "cannon" sort of... Here is a youtube video I found on them. This guy's is exactly like mine, but mine has the patch.

Last edited:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Years ago I got one in camo gifted to me. I added some old blaze orange suspenders and used it hunting for a long time. It was a big one and spent more time holding a couple apples and a sandwich or a pair of Bono’s than a pistol.

When it did it was ok. I think I wore it out over many years.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    89   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Generally speaking I just use a holster, but I do have one, and it's the exact one in that video above. I have a "Cannon" (get it? lol) camera patch sewn on it to try and make it look a bit less like a gun bag. Only used it a few times though. So rarely, I don't even know where it is at the moment. Took it to FL twice. Comes in handy when you want to look like a tourist all decked out in your gym shorts, and flip flops... Would be better if it had velcro inside for a holster, but it still worked fine. It's big enough to hold a Glock 17 with a TLR1 securely.

EDIT: LOL... just realized how old this thread is, and that I'm the one who posted the video above...

Tbell7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Aug 21, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I use a "man bag" to carry when I'm hiking/fishing or doing most recreational outdoor activities. I would agree with member THOR, not my FAVORITE carry method however it is better than nothing and more effective in certain scenarios. Plus I've noticed the "man bag" is a new norm. It doesn't stand out alot to people when you carry one with a firearm in today's culture. I carry mine for the practicality not the fashion statement...

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I wear one to church every Sunday with one of my pimp guns in it. It is exactly what you see in post#5. I do not like the buckle right up against the side of the bag which this one has, but I have been too lazy to shop for a replacement...

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    I have one of these, I used it recently to hold shells while rabbit hunting and it was very handy. I think I'll be using it more often when outdoors/traveling to hold various items...

Actually I have a 2nd one that's brand new never worn, due to a mistake I made when ordering. If anyone is interested DM me.

Tbell7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Aug 21, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I have one of these, I used it recently to hold shells while rabbit hunting and it was very handy. I think I'll be using it more often when outdoors/traveling to hold various items...

Actually I have a 2nd one that's brand new never worn, due to a mistake I made when ordering. If anyone is interested DM me.

This one looks nice, straps function ok? What I mean by that is, I have a similar one but it slides all over my body while hiking...

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    This one looks nice, straps function ok? What I mean by that is, I have a similar one but it slides all over my body while hiking...
    Strap functioned fine for me when I used it holding 12ga shells. It's easy to really tighten it down once you have it on to lock it into place.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom