• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jrhemming

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Kokomo
    I have been looking around for a nice iwb holster and the vm2 has came up a lot. Any one use this holster and how do you like it. I currently have a cross breed but I hate the metal clips on it the dig into my skin and the holster backing is too wide I have to put my 1911 back farther on my hip to be able to flex at the hip. I have seen some copy cats but I have heard there is no substitute for the real thing so I'm thinking about ordering one. The wait sucks but i would rather wait then pay double the price to have it right now

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Great holsters! Search for Milt Sparks on e-bay. They usually have a few for 1911s, eliminating the wait.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    I got mine on ebay for $150. You can find a great deal there if you are patient and there are always 1911 models available. I highly recommend it, top quality all the way and it's comfortable.

6814731215_91e1b44108_z.jpg

60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    VM2's command the price and wait time for a reason...STELLAR holster with superb craftmanship. I Would not trade mine for the world. That said Holsters are personal to you, what works for me may not be optimal for you, try one if you can.

IF you want to look at alternatives I can reccomend either TT gunleathers version or Kelly Gunleather who just made me a custom VM2 style for a Government Model with a Dawson rail. Both are also superbly made versions at roughly the same price point though shorter wait times.

VM2

picture.php

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    VM2's command the price and wait time for a reason...STELLAR holster with superb craftmanship. I Would not trade mine for the world. That said Holsters are personal to you, what works for me may not be optimal for you, try one if you can.

IF you want to look at alternatives I can reccomend either TT gunleathers version or Kelly Gunleather who just made me a custom VM2 style for a Government Model with a Dawson rail. Both are also superbly made versions at roughly the same price point though shorter wait times.

I agree 100% on the TT. I went with the TT over the VM2 for two reasons. The gun sits just a little lower and has a little more forward cant. For a top heavy gun like the HK P7 it makes a difference. The VM2 is the original and is a excellent holster though.

TT mikes special IWB for HK P7M8.

004m.jpg

Bahbo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 2, 2012
    Cant speak specifically to the vm2 but the summer special is what i carry all year round with a full size 1911. Construction is excellent as well as quality of the leather used. I have had mine for approximately three years and there is no deformation of the boning or the leather itself.

Milt Sparks makes great products.

thanks

bahbo

Jrhemming

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Kokomo

VM2

picture.php
    I had actually thought about Kelley leather but was worried I would be dissapointed. Are they on par with milt sparks?

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield

VM2

picture.php

^^^^ This ^^^^

The VM2 is the Rolls Royce of IWB holster IMHO

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I tried one when I used to carry a Sig 229. It rode too high for me, I like to conceal my gun. Look at where the trigger guard sits in proportion to where the top of the belt line would be, see picture in post #5. I sold mine shortly after purchasing it.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    I tried one when I used to carry a Sig 229. It rode too high for me, I like to conceal my gun. Look at where the trigger guard sits in proportion to where the top of the belt line would be, see picture in post #5. I sold mine shortly after purchasing it.

Your personal preference, but not mine. It rides just the way I like it.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Been using a VMII for over 5 years, usually carry my TRP in it, but my Champion and BHP also fit. Horsehide still looks new, in spite of EDC...

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    They are very nice holsters. I bought my first at TopGun and second directly from them. The wait was crappy and if you think about it, you can get one for $20-$40 more than direct and that's not so bad.

Alternatively, you may think of an M-TAC holster from Inside Waistband Holsters - Minotaur Holsters - products new home - Minotaur MTAC Holster, they come with non-metal clips that are pretty tough and the thing I like most about mine is that the leather portion isn't so large like a Crossbreed or the like.

Top Bottom