• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I'm bringing this thread back from the dead.

Does anyone else work with film nowadays? I just built a darkroom in my basement in January and have been having a ball with film photography.
    B&W film? I processed film from the 80's to the late 90's, also printed, and processed B&W film...I miss that job

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My favorite camera for B&W film was a Leica M3. It's one camera that I wish I would have kept.
    Photo (below) is my wife and daughter about 35 years ago.

i-k7wRzFq-L.jpg
    I was just looking at a Leica today. I might pick up a Leica IIIf later this week. Right now, I have a Zorki-1, which is a Leica II copy made in Russia in the 1946 to 1954 time period. It shoots really well.

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    i shoot with fujifilm x-series mirrorless and simulate film with custom settings that apply in-camera to each of the jpegs produced when selected. I also use adaptors to attach vintage film lenses and take advantage of focus peaking thru the electronic viewfinder to make shooting fully manual a breeze. And getting even dorkier, i have specific SD cards for specific film recipes i use and sometimes intentionally shoot only 30 pics per card.

i wish i shot film like the cool kids tho

photo is of my former silver x-pro3 (film photogs dream) with a pre-ai nikkor 135 2.8 i snagged that was lnib

Attachments

• IMG_1761.jpeg
      IMG_1761.jpeg
      161.8 KB · Views: 5

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I picked up the Leica as well as another Zorki. The Zorki looks to have never been used and was sold for $30 as inoperative. I've put two rolls of film through it and it shoots beautifully. It's nice and tight, yet silky smooth in operation. My guess is that it was stiff after sitting unused in a display case for 70 years.

The Leica is a IIIf that's well used but well cared for too. I mated it with a Canon 50mm f1.4 LTM lens. It shoots beautifully as well.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Hobby back in the 80’s-90’s. Still got my old Pentax 35mm. Also 200mm lens. Haven’t shot film in decades now, do they even have film anymore since digital came out? Spent a lot of $$ getting stuff developed, but at least I have hundreds of outdoor pictures I now cherish.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I stepped away from film for a couple of decades and am really enjoying it now. I keep costs down by developing my own b&w. I also bulk load b&w. It's a lot like reloading to be able to shoot more for the same money.

This summer, I'm planning on getting into color development as well.

Top Bottom