Any place to setup your own targets and run drills?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wes225

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    I've been for a "modular" range or piece of land for me and a few friends to do some more "dynamic" drills and run and guns. In simple words, some place that isn't just shooting straight in a stationary position. Do these places even exist in Indiana? I'm in Anderson, the closer the better!

Thanks

p.s. If this is the wrong section sorry!

Wes225

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    iley is far too much of a drive. I am training with people from Ft. Wayne, so that is unlikely.

Atlanta looks very nice, and they allow those kinds of drills? I'm talking about breaching/cqb/squad tactics and such.

Is there anyplace to do more long range stuff in the woods?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    iley is far too much of a drive. I am training with people from Ft. Wayne, so that is unlikely.

Atlanta looks very nice, and they allow those kinds of drills? I'm talking about breaching/cqb/squad tactics and such.

It is in Indiana.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    breaching and cqb?

Go to your local USMC recruiting station, and sign up for the 03xx/8152 option. They'll get you set up.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Long range in the woods???:dunno:

I am not tracking. You want a wooded range?

I'm talking about breaching/cqb/squad tactics and such.

I am unaware of any range that would allow this outside of LE/MIL unless you were using blue guns.

Is this something you did in the service with your friends? Perhaps private land but I would think the insurance risks would preclude any range allowing live fire (do not know, just thinking out loud).

Perhaps a class on team tactics?

Wes225

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Long range in the woods???:dunno:

I am not tracking. You want a wooded range?

I am unaware of any range that would allow this outside of LE/MIL unless you were using blue guns.

Is this something you did in the service with your friends? Perhaps private land but I would think the insurance risks would preclude any range allowing live fire (do not know, just thinking out loud).

Perhaps a class on team tactics?
    Basically they want to train as real as possible to be ready-ish in case of a SHTF situation or whatever it may be, I don't mean like a militia or anything stupid like that, Mostly run n' gun drills and what not, I always thought doing a run n gun through a wooded environment would be really fun too, and more realistic. :ar15: Basically everything you get to do in a tacticool uber dynamic tier 1 operator class.

As far as private land, It's possible, we just don't want to get police called due to noise and guns and everything else.

Wes225

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Have you looked into paintball or laser tag? You can practice your tactics & not make any noise out in the woods. Pew pew.
    Thought about it, I live near a world class paintball field as well, It's just not the same. almost as expensive too.

I'm kind of surprised that theirs not too many places that allow that kind of shooting though, but I can see where insurance agencies would be freaked out.

Anyway thanks guys. I didn't really know that kind of shooting is somewhat limited

Co Th G

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    I'm very fortunate to have my own shooting range out my back door. It has plenty of room for movement.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I learned all about breaching during my Seal training.

See, when I was learning how to poke the honky horns with my snout, balance a ball on my nose, and slide-up onto the side of the pool on a wave a water, there were some dolphins and small whales in the next pool over jumping and breaching. It looked kinda fun.

bhowell34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Greenwood
    I'd like something like this too. I've been looking for land out in the country. I just don't want to spend a crazy amount of money

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I learned all about breaching during my Seal training.

See, when I was learning how to poke the honky horns with my snout, balance a ball on my nose, and slide-up onto the side of the pool on a wave a water, there were some dolphins and small whales in the next pool over jumping and breaching. It looked kinda fun.

You need a refresher. Your wave riding skills are unsat.

Top Bottom