Any places that sell high quality safes locally?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slovpeter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Indianapolis
    nra4ever, I haven't made the order just yet. When Jeff drops off the loaner safe we will then start the order. I think the colors I like are maroon, navy blue, green or gray in gloss/ dust. I'm not really sure just yet.

Scottka, we can all dream. Atleast yours are secure. Mine aren't until I get the loaner safe.

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Congrats Slovpeter - Jeff was at my house today looking at what he can install. I placed my order with him today and went with Maroon or Burgundy with Gold trim, black dial and handle. If I had ordered one when I first talked with him, I would only be 2 months away from delivery. Grrrr!

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    nra4ever, I haven't made the order just yet. When Jeff drops off the loaner safe we will then start the order. I think the colors I like are maroon, navy blue, green or gray in gloss/ dust. I'm not really sure just yet.

Scottka, we can all dream. Atleast yours are secure. Mine aren't until I get the loaner safe.

JMHO, any color, but green .....

Slovpeter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Markus, thanks. Good to hear Jeff was taking care of you. I was supposed to call him back 2 days ago to setup an appointment to deliver the safe, but I forgot and called the next day and left a message. I work the night shift so my schedule isn't the best for everyone else unless it's the weekend.

Ssgad, point taken. I saw a green one being painted by the guys at Johnson when I was there that day in person, and it looked really nice.

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Markus, thanks. Good to hear Jeff was taking care of you. I was supposed to call him back 2 days ago to setup an appointment to deliver the safe, but I forgot and called the next day and left a message. I work the night shift so my schedule isn't the best for everyone else unless it's the weekend.

Ssgad, point taken. I saw a green one being painted by the guys at Johnson when I was there that day in person, and it looked really nice.

Just had to laugh. I saw the maroon one being painted when I was there and that is what sold me on the color!

Last edited:

THEFAT45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2013
    Knox
    Misty mornin safes down by Evansville. Great safes with fire ratings and still thicknesses comparable to Fort Knox and superior safes.

Slovpeter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I actually went with a gloss dark grey and black trim/ dial. I ordered the biggest safe on their list, the BR660. Its a 60 inch wide, 72 inch tall, 28 inch deep safe with two seperate safe doors. The only other safe company that could give the great specifications for the money would be Vault Pro out in California. I didn't want to way and pay an extra thousand dollars either. LED lighting, Golden Rod with humidistat, and custom interior are my options.

Jeff came by last Saturday by himself to setup the safe. He took time out of his New Years Holiday to help me out and I was greatful for that. We setup the order, and he taught me how to use the loaner safe. Typically he doesn't do that, but I just got lucky.

Markus, thanks for the suggestion, but I went with Johnson safes.

Thanks for all the help guys! I appreciate it!

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Update on my dealings with Johnson Safe and Jeff----

Went away for the weekend. Quick trip to Vegas for some fun and sight seeing. Get home and there is a letter from Jeff. Oh crap! Inside was a check and a note saying he overcharged me! He could of kept what he overcharged me and I would not have cared nor would I have probably even noticed. How many folks do business like this anymore? No wonder everyone raves about him!

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    That's awesome, Markus. Great to hear! Hopefully, one day I will have a vault door or at least a safe from him. Thanks for the update.

Top Bottom