• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Nice. Yea, the $899 CDNN ones are the new "GI" model, which eat anything, including surplus tar sealed ammo. Not sure if you know, but there's been a lot of controversy with the standard PTR91F, which does not shoot surplus. Allegedly, PTR-91 made the standard rifles with shallower flutes and improved accuracy (with the match barrel). The trade off is no surplus ammo. I think that's ok for me, since Cheaper Than Dirt has Brown and Silver Bear ammo for the same price as surplus if not less.

Yeah, and I generally refuse to feed surplus ammo of unknown quality in a $1000 piece.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    Got a PTR91 and it was a disaster. Choked on anything I put through it. Had a "A" in the serial number which was a troublesome lot of rifles I later read. Now... I later got ahold of a SAR-8 made/imported by Springfield and I regret getting rid of that great rifle.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I love my Cetme. In fact, I love it so much I want a few more.

Ill second that notion.

I just put a collapsible stock for one of these (HK-G3/91) up for sale in the classifieds, if anyone is interested

Last edited:

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Yea, I definitely plan on getting a trigger job. I was looking into taking it to Bill Springfield. Yes, it's rough on brass, but I've read that a port buffer can drastically reduce that, no?

I'm pretty comfortable with it so far as well, 451. Truthfully I have nothing else to compare it though. I bought it based on reading a few books and researching the subject heavily.

Kirk, what classes would you recommend?

Thanks for your guys' input, I appreciate it!

See some of the guns not work with an HK port buffer installed ... then you have to take it off (like pulling a band aid, tends to hurt the paint a little but still shots fine ;-).

Top Bottom