Any reports from Feb 2-3 small gun shows?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    There was one guy at Tipton that had some good/ decent deals on ammo.
    He had Federal 5.56 for 50cents a round and 9mm for $13 a box of 50. Of course he sold most of it pretty quick. Saw some Pmags for $30 And used GI for $10.

I did see three boxes of 5.7 for $35 each. I was going to offer $100 for all three and noticed he collects tax. I don't think he actually has a business so I'm thinking he pads himself 7%. I've convinced myself this happens more than it probably does.

There where lots if AR's , most priced pretty high. Looks to me like a lot of guys decided there won't be an AWB so they brought stuff out to sell to guys who haven't figured that out yet. I looked at a nice yugo SKS for $400 that someone bought. I think it was one of the excellent ones so they were close to that price pre panic.

I still had a good time. A bad day at the gunshot is still better than a day at work.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    The Lafayette show was not bad at all and had something for everyone from a bunch of self defense ammo to beef jerky. In addition, there where your random gun show diehards who have not showered since the previous show they attended. To top it off, there where a couple of indoor Porta Potties :)

Last edited:

bthomas

Marksman
    Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 28, 2012
    Winchester
    Went to Alexandria. I got there at noon and it was busy, I left at 2:30 and it had thinned out. Nobody was buying anything (ammo, and guns). I bought a flashlight/stungun $35. no pmags under 50, metal mags avg. $30. Waste of time but I skipped out on the 1500 and just wanted to go to a show.

orangeone

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    I was glad Gunslingers were prepared for a crowd and rented porta potties in addition to the restrooms that were already in the facility. And they were the deluxe models. Another example of the high quality shows that Gunslingers do. :) As for the people who hadn't showered in a while...what are the show managers supposed to do? Have a sniff test at the entry to see who can be admitted? You run into unkempt people at Wal-Mart, too.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    I hit the two shows down south, Boonville & Evansville. 223 & 308 are holding at $1 per round. AR mags $25 and up. I didn't see a lot of selling but I did see the vendors buying.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I was glad Gunslingers were prepared for a crowd and rented porta potties in addition to the restrooms that were already in the facility. And they were the deluxe models. Another example of the high quality shows that Gunslingers do. :) As for the people who hadn't showered in a while...what are the show managers supposed to do? Have a sniff test at the entry to see who can be admitted? You run into unkempt people at Wal-Mart, too.

Please explain why their shows are "high quality" and what makes them higher quality than the other shows around Indiana. Surely it's not because of a few porta potties.:dunno:

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Please explain why their shows are "high quality" and what makes them higher quality than the other shows around Indiana. Surely it's not because of a few porta potties.:dunno:

He said high, not higher.
    It is nice when a facility/event actually tries to accomodate the anticipated crowd.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    He said high, not higher.
    It is nice when a facility/event actually tries to accomodate the anticipated crowd.

I understand what he said and that is why I asked for the explanation of "high quality".

I have averaged 40 shows a year for the past 5 years as a vendor, I believe I have an idea as to what constitutes a "high quality" show but would like to know from an attendees perspective.

Note: It is pretty obvious that "orangeone" is affiliated with Gunslinger shows, if he/she is not the promoter himself/herself. Every post "orangeone" has is related to a Gunslinger show.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/search.php?searchid=7433237

Last edited:

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Oh ok, I gotcha.
    To me ventilation/climate control are important in an area that is packed with people.
    Lighting is a consideration too.
    Most shows have a table layout that works well for displaying goods and shuffling customers past them but just sucks as far as access to fire exits.
    I'm not paranoid but I am aware.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    I understand what he said and that is why I asked for the explanation of "high quality".

I have averaged 40 shows a year for the past 5 years as a vendor, I believe I have an idea as to what constitutes a "high quality" show but would like to know from an attendees perspective.

Note: It is pretty obvious that "orangeone" is affiliated with Gunslinger shows, if he/she is not the promoter himself/herself. Every post "orangeone" has is related to a Gunslinger show.

Good catch by "outing" orangeone!!!!
    :):

Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    The Tri State show at the Evansville N.G. armory had a NIB SVD Tiger about $2500 and a NIB Chinese Type 85 SVD copy $3000. I thought that those were not bad prices. I also saw an ACR for around $3000!!!
    I have zero interest in a 3k ACR but the Tiger almost got me twitching.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I went to the gun show in Sharonville just out side of Cincinnati. My wifes sister was looking for a hand gun and she lives in Ohio. I was looking for ammo and trying to sell some stuff.

I saw some 30 round AR mags for $35 each. I saw 2 sixty round mags going for $299. I couldn't believe that one. The only guy that had green tip 5.56 was selling five hundred rounds for $500. One guy did have 5 boxes of Remington 55gr for $80. That wasn't good but still better than $1 a round for the green tip.

As far as hand guns went I saw very few S&Ws at all. I was hoping to find a model 10 with a 3" barrel for her to handle. No luck.They did have a few Colts but only 1911 types, no revolvers. She did find a LCR that she liked. The price was $450., that seemed high to me. I don't know what they go for. They had a lot of Glocks. They did have a few Sigs. Not the one I wanted her to try, the P239 in 9 mm.

They had a M1A, well two of them that were new, one was just under $3000. The other one was $2200 for the standard model. I thought they went for $1800. They did have a few Henries, not the one I wanted, I wanted the 30-30 blued steel not the brass one. Couldn't find any Marlins new or used. They did have some turn bolts and ARs. Prices for the ARs were around the $1200 to $1600. One guy had a Hi Point carbine for $460 in 9mm. I have been looking for one in 45 ACP. I think they are listed for $300 plus on there site. So I would say he was a little high on his price then he was the only that had one.

It was a nice show but it didn't have any where near the guns it has had in the past. I am going to try and make the next Lexington show. They have a nice show with a lot of guns. Well they did the last time I went to it. That was over two years ago.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County

Good call, Brad! Rep incoming.

orangeone

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    I'm not the promoter. I have done shows put on by two other promoters. I'm a vendor and appreciate the things Gunslingers do for the vendors and visitors. They help you unload, they help you load, they don't charge an arm and a leg for the booth spaces, they provide new "lifetime" tables that don't tear your tablecloths, they provide vendors plenty of room to move around inside their booth space, they provide free coffee and donuts for the vendors each morning, they provide 24 hour security, they provide free parking for show visitors, they add extra lighting if needed in each facility, they provide food at reasonable prices so an entire family can attend the show, they have wide aisles for visitors, and, yes, they make sure there are adequate restroom facilities. I'm curious if brad'sknives has ever done a Gunslinger show?

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I'm not the promoter. I have done shows put on by two other promoters. I'm a vendor and appreciate the things Gunslingers do for the vendors and visitors. They help you unload, they help you load, they don't charge an arm and a leg for the booth spaces, they provide new "lifetime" tables that don't tear your tablecloths, they provide vendors plenty of room to move around inside their booth space, they provide free coffee and donuts for the vendors each morning, they provide 24 hour security, they provide free parking for show visitors, they add extra lighting if needed in each facility, they provide food at reasonable prices so an entire family can attend the show, they have wide aisles for visitors, and, yes, they make sure there are adequate restroom facilities. I'm curious if brad'sknives has ever done a Gunslinger show?

I did their Auburn show back in July of 2011 and by far was my worse show of the year. I will agree that Gunslinger has a few extra perks for the vendors, but those perks do not add to the bottom line. I'm there to make money, not to sit around and eat donuts and drink coffee. One of the problems I have is, they (Gunslinger) are in a pissing match with several other promoters that already have established shows (Lafayette, Ft. Wayne, & Shipshewana as an example). It comes across to me that the Gunslinger shows are purposely scheduled in these cities with the intent to back stab these other promoters. It is a no win situation for vendors, customers and even the promoter when you have competing shows in the same city scheduled back to back or even in the same month. They (Gunslinger) would be better served looking at the demographics of other areas that don't have established gun & knife shows and promoting a new show in that area instead of getting into a pissing match with other promoters. :twocents:

NOTE:
    Please don't take this as a “bashing” Gunslinger post, I personally have nothing against them other than what I have stated above. On any given weekend there can be 3 to 4 gun & knife shows going on in Indiana, and it is hard trying to figure out which one I should a attend....very difficult decisions have to be made and some times promoters get upset that your not attending their show knowing your attending another promoters show. I have commitments with certain promoters for certain shows and most of the time this does not allow me to attend other shows that are scheduled the same weekend (I can't be in two places at one time). For the promoters that schedule shows in the same cities, I'm always going to go with the promoter that has the more established show.

Last edited:

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    One of the problems I have is, they (Gunslinger) are in a pissing match with several other promoters that already have established shows (Lafayette, Ft. Wayne, & Shipshewana as an example). It comes across to me that the Gunslinger shows are purposely scheduled in these cities with the intent to back stab these other promoters. It is a no win situation for vendors, customers and even the promoter when you have competing shows in the same city scheduled back to back or even in the same month.

GS Shipshewana show is last weekend of Feb., CPI Shipshewana show is the following weekend.:):

gunguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Fort Wayne

You are a vendor at the show? What do you sell? We should support you as you are an ingo member and we should support each other.

Top Bottom