• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jndturner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2013
    Noblesville, IN
    I was in one of the LGS in Hamilton County yesterday and came across a decent price on a LCR 9 mm. They have been out for a while but I have not seen a lot on INGO about them. I searched for anything I could find on them and there does not seem to be a great deal of information or reviews. I am looking for my wife as semi auto's tend to bother her and I would like to get to where I am only stocking one caliber. I will make sure she has shot a LCR before purchasing anything. I have seen the web reviews but I'm looking for real world thoughts on them.
    Thanks in advance
    Jim

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've seen some complaints of some 9mm ammo jumping crimp. Otherwise standard LCR and all the goodness that entails.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I have one. I carry it too. Those who dislike the trigger, I dislike Taurus. So I guess it's a draw. :)

I like mine, shoot well and is easy to carry. The bad is that, though SP and LCY things like speed loaders and such are interchangeable, the moon clips are not and they cost. They cost too garn much too for what they are at 3//15 bucks. Never have had a revolver that uses moon clips be so rigiculously costly for the clips nor is there anyone aftermarket. In any case I am quite happy with mine and I did review it here and other forums when I got it as it was new. :)
    main.php

If you want more, PM me and I am happy to help. :D You can even come and shoot it if you like though you are a bit far away for that...​

jndturner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2013
    Noblesville, IN
    I appreciate the responses. This will be for my wife she prefers a revolver to a semi automatic. I did not make any suggestions to her on the action. Warthog I would take you up on the offer but getting her over there would be a chore. I will look to see if any of the ranges in Indy rent LCR's.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    I am not at all recoil sensitive but will say the one I bought for my girlfriend for Valentines day was in my opinion very snappy. She shoots all my guns even my 1911s and after one trip to the range it was up for sale. I am sure they are great guns just not for her.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Indeed, the best thing to do is find someone with one who will let you/her try it to see if it is something likeable. Uf you hate itm you sure won't carry it.

Top Bottom