• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • prostate

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Greencastle, IN
    I am looking for a "certified" ruger gun smith. I have had trouble with my SR9C and already sent this pistol for repair at the ruger factory only to realize that I still have the same problem. I purchased it brand new last year and it just intermittently fails to fire. The bullet shows the indent of the firing pin, but the round does not go off. I have tried several types of ammo and could not complete a 50 round box without any problem.
    I hate to send it back if I could avoid it, but I would also not like to void the warranty if the work would be done by a "non certified" smith.
    Any advice? Thanks in advance:)

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    With your gun, there should be a list of authorized repair stations. At least the last time I bought a new Ruger from a dealer, there was a list. Maybe.

Anyway, look for that list in your paperwork or call Ruger. Places like Cylinder and Slide in Nebraska are authorized repair centers.

Seems like maybe there was a place in Michigan too, but my memory is not what it used to be and I don't know where that stuff is right now.

You are going to be sending it somewhere though, for sure, seems to me it might as well be the factory.

Good luck.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I would send it back to Ruger again, and make them give you a call tag. (Free shipping.) A gunsmith is going to cost you money.

Tell them you are having "light stikes" and it's already been back once for the same issue. Tell them that you have tried several brands of factory ammunition and all have the same problem.

Tell them if they don't fix it and it doesn't work 100% when you get it back that they will be sending you a new gun.

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I would send it back to Ruger again, and make them give you a call tag. (Free shipping.) A gunsmith is going to cost you money.

Tell them you are having "light stikes" and it's already been back once for the same issue. Tell them that you have tried several brands of factory ammunition and all have the same problem.

Tell them if they don't fix it and it doesn't work 100% when you get it back that they will be sending you a new gun.

^^This^^

Ruger is a great company to work with, and make sure to call them and get your free shipping tag ..

~TK

Top Bottom