• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    We have several trail cameras out on our property in southern Indiana. I have only seen one deer so far that has shed it's antlers. All of the rest of the deer, including some very nice bucks that survived deer season, still have their antlers as of this past week. I think you're probably a little early to really start looking for sheds.

BiggEarl

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 16, 2011
    Cory, IN
    Bucks usually start dropping early february ( but not very many) and all the way through mid april. March is definetly prime time. I have found 2 already. I have the best luck in open areas with small trees and thick brush. Also a good place to look is near creek beds and fence rows or down trees across a deer path .. anywhere where they jump over and land hard can jolt them loose. Binoculars are very good for shed hunting, if you happen to think u see one from a distance it save you a good hike. I went for the first time last year and I ended up find 15it sheds and 2I full skulls. Its a blast in my opinion.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I think its harder to fine sheds than killing the deer that wore them. I just never had any luck finding them. I spent 3 hours out one day and found nothing,Next time out was a 5 hour trip ,and then another 3 hr walk through the woods and around the field.
    Seeing lots of tracks and a few deer ,just no sheds. I'm gonna hit it one more time, I'd like to find the sheds off of the 7 or 8 point where I hunt.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    I saw 3 bucks with both sides tonight, (2/26 Harrison Co) 2 were very nice. There were about 12 deer together, so some of them may have already shed.
    I've never found a shed

wbower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Martinsville
    For the folks looking to use a Lab to find sheds, Dokken came out with a shed finder training kit. I've heard it works but never tried it myself.

Carrtech1

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Has anyone had any luck finding any sheds yet? I haven't been on yet, myself. I usually start in mid February, but since we had a very mild winter, I started a couple weeks ago with no luck.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    I have had 4 different ppl tell me they have found sheds in the last 2 weeks. I checked my trail cam a couple of days ago and didnt see any bucks which is unusual. I think we should be finding sheds for sure. I havent had time to look yet.

reaper101

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Muncie, Indiana
    checked my trail cam last week and had 189 pics from a three week period and there was only one buck that still had his rack the rest of the bucks had dropped there racks already. cam is set up in monrovia almost eminince IN.

bradw266

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Found one shed earlier this week while clearing part of a field. Good size with a heavy base and 4 points. I'm going to take a walk Sunday and look for sheds and mushrooms.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Found a single shed a week ago not 30 feet from my back door. I then spent a couple of hours searching the fields and woods and didn't find another.

Top Bottom