• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I sorta "ended up" with an extra 45 so it became a dedicate can for the MPX.

IIRC, I got the cans as the SRD line was being discontinued by Sig. Would have liked an SRD-9 but wasn't available, at the time.
    Understood. I understand that time progresses and that manufacturing techniques do, too...

But I really do wish that they'd at least have made the newer rifle cans backwards compatible with the old SRD QD system. All in all not a huge deal. Just really hard to find mounts for the "legacy" rifle cans.

Pistol cans aren't beholden to such things though.

Have you run your SRD-45 with the booster on pistols much? Just wondering how many rounds you get / how dirty the piston gets before it starts hanging up on you and causing malfunctions?

For me, with a perfectly clean and dry piston, it seems to be within 100 rds. Whether its the 9 or 45. I've not found the limit with a clean/lubed (I use automotive white lithium grease...for now) piston, but it's way more than with a dry piston.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Understood. I understand that time progresses and that manufacturing techniques do, too...

But I really do wish that they'd at least have made the newer rifle cans backwards compatible with the old SRD QD system. All in all not a huge deal. Just really hard to find mounts for the "legacy" rifle cans.

Pistol cans aren't beholden to such things though.

Have you run your SRD-45 with the booster on pistols much? Just wondering how many rounds you get / how dirty the piston gets before it starts hanging up on you and causing malfunctions?

For me, with a perfectly clean and dry piston, it seems to be within 100 rds. Whether its the 9 or 45. I've not found the limit with a clean/lubed (I use automotive white lithium grease...for now) piston, but it's way more than with a dry piston.
    Clean? We have to clean stuff??

Can't really give you an answer. I bought a ti-rant 9m can and the SRD-45s have seen little no use use on pistols since but my understanding is that the piston needs to be lubed somewhat regularly.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    I’m on the fence with the Sig MCX in 11in. Sig offers way more cs support and options vs this SCAR15 I have where it’s taken 4 weeks to find a stock and 3 emails to get FN to respond to any questions. Swap the brake, void the warranty,
    Looks like it weighs in at 2300-2600 and offers way more options than a SCAR I’m gettin hooked!

SharkyZiff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Fishers
    OK, finally tried out the Midwest Industries side folding stock tube adapter with a Magpul CTR stock. The MI side folder is beefy and a bit heavy. But otherwise like the new side folder even if it adds some weight.

Attachments

• IMG_0742.jpeg
      IMG_0742.jpeg
      725.7 KB · Views: 9
    • IMG_0744.jpeg
      IMG_0744.jpeg
      688.8 KB · Views: 9
    • IMG_0746.jpeg
      IMG_0746.jpeg
      733.3 KB · Views: 9
    Top Bottom