• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sellagogo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    In just curious if anyone has had any luck selling on the gun auction websites IE gunbroker/auction arms etc..thanks

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have sold a couple of rifles on Gunbroker. Didn't have any problems.

Unfortunately selling anything these days is almost pure luck. If there just happens to be someone looking for just what you happen to be selling, and he thinks your asking price is reasonable, you both will get lucky. :)

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Unfortunately selling anything these days is almost pure luck. If there just happens to be someone looking for just what you happen to be selling, and he thinks your asking price is reasonable, you both will get lucky. :)

Bingo! :D

That is the key issue for lots of folks right now. They bought ARs or AKs thinking they are going to turn them in for gold prices, but the buying panic is subsiding as everyone is running out of disposable income and the economy is tanking, forcing people to sell their stuff (guns or anything else).

Some things that come to mind regarding selling guns recently...

Used to be (during the height of the panic) that anything that took a detachable mag that held more than 13 rounds was in HUGE demand and could barely keep up with PMs or messages of "Ill take it". Now, not so much anymore. People are going to haggle as sellers think that they can sell at a higher price than what they initially bought it for. Because of either pride or lack of overhead (like a store has), the seller will usually not budge on price, thinking "someone is stupid enough to pay for it". Those days are running out, faster than the unprepared's money out of their wallet.

People are paniking, however, not as rabidly as before. They dont have as much money and the supply of what they want has dwindled. People now are wondering, food or gun? They haggle more as the gun for sale isn't the exact model they want (lack of supply) and because they simply dont have as much to spend as they used to. Soon enough demand will bottom big time and supply will increase to a low hum again. Gunshops are going to have issues soon regarding lack of income and will have to be careful with the money they should have saved up during the buying spree for the upcoming year or two.

All in all, IMHO, selling guns, unless a store, to gain profit in any sense is quickly becoming an issue ot diminishing returns. When money is tight (people lose jobs and recession), guns become a toy, plaything rather than a right. They are more concerned staying in their homes than defending them from intruders. People will still buy guns, but the folks that have the money have already rushed out to get them or had them to begin with. Then, we will see a rise in collectors coming up soon to begin buying guns from folks who are now selling them to keep food on table. These collectors will be able to set their price, believe me. The "Golden Age" of private sellers making a fortune selling a gun with inflated value is coming to an end. In other words, sell now, we are at the peak, coming down.:alcoholic:

sellagogo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Whos said anything about selling guns for profit???I m just looking for opinions about selling on the gun websites..I have no cares about the market or what people will or will not pay,im just looking for an avenue to sell a couple handguns that are just collecting dust..thanks

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Whos said anything about selling guns for profit???I m just looking for opinions about selling on the gun websites..I have no cares about the market or what people will or will not pay,im just looking for an avenue to sell a couple handguns that are just collecting dust..thanks

Please note, I said: THINGS I HAVE NOTICED LATELY ABOUT GUN SALES! Point out where it said I said that about you?:40oz:

Also note that I did say, Sell now as we are at the peak. Soon, folks will be giving guns away at VERY low prices due to hardship or market demand. Now is the time to make what you paid into them... :)

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I have sold stuff on both Auction arms and Gunbroker and have had no problems with either site, Auction arms seems a little more user friendly, and I think costs for the seller are lower also, but both good sites. Hope this helps

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    I've sold several items on Gun Broker over the past few years. All of my transactions went off without a hitch. Some things took longer than others to sell, but you can relist at no extra cost until it sells and you don't owe them any money until it either does or you withdraw it.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I have made several purchases off of gunbroker but I have never sold. You don't buy guns to sell, you buy them to gift to your children and grandchildren.

jy951

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    Gunbroker has been pretty good to me. I prefer to only sell longuns through the auction that I can ship fairly cheap directly to the purchaser's FFL. Handgun shipments are suppose to go next day shipping if not using an FFL and can cost alot.

Top Bottom