• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • old man Bill

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I began an effort to sell my gun safe in November and have heard nothing, nada, zip. I have it in the Classifieds under accessories, is that the issue. Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks.
    omB

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Do you bump the thread? By bump I mean posting a reply that simply says bump. That would put it back to the top of the page where everyone can see it.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    That is the correct section. You are allowed to add a post to "bump" your ad to the top of the list if it hasn't been posted to in 24 hours.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I began an effort to sell my gun safe in November and have heard nothing, nada, zip. I have it in the Classifieds under accessories, is that the issue. Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks.
    omB

Since your asking, if you haven't sold something that has been posted for months you either:
    Have an oddball item that nobody wants or
    Are asking too much for it.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    omB

As a noob around here I know your not to criticize/ask questions in the buy/sell forum. That being said this is a separate post asking a question so I think it's ok to offer an opinion. Bill you have a nice safe, a very nice safe. Everything in your ad is good, pics, description. But the price IMHO is to high. It also is an item that appeals to a very select buyer. First you need the room for a safe that big, the money to afford it, and the ability to move it. Not to mention a need for a safe that large. A lot of people on here could use that safe, lord knows I could. But once you factor in all the other things I mentioned, your looking for a very select buyer. So that means wait or lower your price. You could try Craigslist, but I highly doubt you would have better luck there then here. I do wish you luck with your sale. And if you do lower your price, and could deliver it, hit me up with a PM, I'd love to have it, if it doesn't crash thru my floor..... Good luck Bill, I'm sure if you wait it out you will sell it. It's a nice product someone will want it.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I don't think you are over priced for your particular safe but I do think $1800 is a lot of money for a safe that size. A person can buy cheaper safes.
    If a guy has 30 Browning and Weatherby long guns he would buy your safe fairly quickly. If a guy has 30 Mossburg and Ithaca long guns, not so much.
    Hang in there. Quality items still sell.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    I don't think you are over priced for your particular safe but I do think $1800 is a lot of money for a safe that size. A person can buy cheaper safes.
    If a guy has 30 Browning and Weatherby long guns he would buy your safe fairly quickly. If a guy has 30 Mossburg and Ithaca long guns, not so much.
    Hang in there. Quality items still sell.

Ok Bill that is one thing you could do. Edit your original post to show the lower price of $1800. I didn't notice the price drop until Scout pointed that out. A lot of people I would guess don't scroll down past 9 bump posts to see you lowered your price. Or maybe it's just late and I didn't notice. Regardless nice safe and good luck to you sir.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Ok Bill that is one thing you could do. Edit your original post to show the lower price of $1800. I didn't notice the price drop until Scout pointed that out. A lot of people I would guess don't scroll down past 9 bump posts to see you lowered your price. Or maybe it's just late and I didn't notice. Regardless nice safe and good luck to you sir.

What he said. When I clicked on the link I just looked at the top post and saw $2050.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not saying price is out of line. It is salty but man that thing is large. Average guy will not have the space for that. Nice piece. Maybe rent it out as a sleeping room...................:D

red46239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    SE Indy
    Bill,
    For me, this is why:
    Liberty FatBoy Jr. LFJ48 48-Gun Safe Electronic Lock Textured Black Chrome-438245 - Gander Mountain

Same dimensions, it is rated for 45 minutes at 1200deg, comes with electronic or mechanical lock. I understand that these are not apples to apples as far as their construction goes, but they have comparable size and rating. Frankly, I've looked at your add many times (I'm in the market for this size of safe) but I haven't been able to justify paying that premium... especially for a 10 year old safe. If you had it priced at $1,500, I would be a lot more interested.

Just my two cents. I hope you find the right buyer soon.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    To anyone considering moving a safe. A rental place in Carmel (sorry stove in foot can't cite which one) rents a climbing safe dolly. Wheels power up and down. The only way to move these heavy devils. Or price having it moved by movers.

Top Bottom