• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    would you guys that have the xds say it would be smart to get rid of my xdm 3.8 and get for xds...EDC? its my first gun and i love shooting it but, i just find it uncomfortable to carry with the full size grip.
    thanks

If you like shooting the XDM 3.8, keep it. The XDs is a great gun, but you might not like it for the range. Your old gun also has greater capacity, so it will be available if needed.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm thinking its a jframe automatic?

It's a nice gun, but it's not a j-frame. A j-frame is significantly more compact, much easier to pocket carry or ankle carry. The XDS may fit in your pocket, but its big to be comfortable there.

I really like the concept of the XDS, it feels comfortable in my hand, the sights are good, etc. I just can't justify the purchase of one, as if I'm going to carry on my waist I don't mind a bigger gun. It occupies a size category that many will find useful, just not me.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    would you guys that have the xds say it would be smart to get rid of my xdm 3.8 and get for xds...EDC? its my first gun and i love shooting it but, i just find it uncomfortable to carry with the full size grip.
    thanks

Honestly, I bought the XDs to be a deeper concealment weapon for the times I have to be way more discreet than normal, AND as a backup to my EDC, not to be a normal EDC, though it would do that job ok.

On the other tentacle, any gun you are not comfortable shooting should not be an EDC as a primary weapon, so getting rid of the XDM to find something you like and are comfortable with is not a bad idea.

Bahrutile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2012
    I've carried my XDs .45 for about a year now, I don't think I would go back to carrying anything else... its a great gun for EDC, I don't mind shooting it at the range. its not a shtf gun by any means, but it is a carry everyday gun. I also carry an ext 7rd mag, I take the grip exts off of it, slips in my extra pocket and i dont notice it. I practice shooting with it with out the grip extn on it as well.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I have been carrying and shooting an XDs for several months and several hundred rounds of various ammunition types. It has the 5+1 round compact magazine and the 7+1 round extended mags. I love my 1911s but this XDs is a fantastic carry piece. I use the Pierce magazine bases with the finger extensions for EDC and as far as the range is concerned I can shoot the XDS every bit as well as my 1911s at 25 feet. Fantastic design and execution. Powerful and reliable.

MadCHETNIK

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    I wanted a XDS until i shot a friends, the slide bit me as my hands are way to big for it. I will continue to carry my 3.8.

Top Bottom