• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Neighborhood Cul-de-sac? Just call the non-emergency with a suspicious vehicle in front of your house. LEO should swing by when they get a chance, slap an "abandoned" sticker on it (thanks to the flat tire), and then come back 24+ hours later with a tow truck.

This is really right in front of your place? Sounds like some strategic bright lights would be in order. Encourage the ne'er-do-well's to relocate to a darker corner.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Neighborhood Cul-de-sac? Just call the non-emergency with a suspicious vehicle in front of your house. LEO should swing by when they get a chance, slap an "abandoned" sticker on it (thanks to the flat tire), and then come back 24+ hours later with a tow truck.

This is really right in front of your place? Sounds like some strategic bright lights would be in order. Encourage the ne'er-do-well's to relocate to a darker corner.

Yeah it's really right out front, I've been looking at some out door lighting to try to ward off the BS .

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    The cops can't do anything because they didn't witness anyone driving drunk. A tow truck driver won't tow a car legally parked on a public street. Drunk drivers are everywhere, even in small towns. Frustrating as it is, there's really nothing you can do.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Did you witness the person actually driving the vehicle, or just see them after it pulled up? Sounds like they were gone before the deputies arrived, so where should they find her to go arrest her?

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Did you witness the person actually driving the vehicle, or just see them after it pulled up? Sounds like they were gone before the deputies arrived, so where should they find her to go arrest her?
    I watched them pull up, the Deputies arrived just as they were about to leave in the other car.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Perhaps putting No Parking signs on the area of the street you don't want people parking on will keep them away. If they disobey you can make a citizens arrest . Fence in an impound lot in front of another neighbors house so you can hold their car for storage fees, and a small shed should work for a detention cell and courthouse.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    The Male passenger and his son (I assume) just left. He looked like **** ( hung over) and they didn't have the right size lug wrench so I let him borrow a 4 way.

He stripped the lugs , apologized for the trouble and said he'd have it towed shortly. Problem solved.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Ha mutha****in ha.

I've had to replace my mailbox once already and a elderly neighbor across the street has had to replace her mailbox.

There's way more to it but there's been a lot of drunk driving around here and these Leo SUCK ASS at catching them.

This very same thing happened a couple of months ago but the deputy just rolled by not even stopping to check it out. The next morning there were beer cans where the cars were.

I guess drunk driving isn't a big deal in Mooresville.

It is the most complicated/difficult/contested misdemeanor that an officer will investigate. All for a probation sentence. If officers don't do them often, they can be very hard to do correctly and as such, more inclined to exercise officer discretion. I've worked homicide scenes easier than OVWI invests.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    It is the most complicated/difficult/contested misdemeanor that an officer will investigate. All for a probation sentence. If officers don't do them often, they can be very hard to do correctly and as such, more inclined to exercise officer discretion. I've worked homicide scenes easier than OVWI invests.

Especially if it’s a drug OVWI. The DUI cars can have them all.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy

I've never been LEO but I'm thinking how hard can this be ?

Make contact, see/smell alcohol, conduct field sobriety test , ransack vehicle looking for anything else, arrest dirtbag and do some paperwork.

What am I missing?

Top Bottom