• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    I picked this up yesterday [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Glock-26-27-33-Black-Right-Handed/dp/B0019D6U2O]Amazon.com: Open Top Glock 26-27-33- Black/ Right Handed - Tagua Gunleather BH3-330, Firearm Accessories Holsters: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

It's extremely tight and I'm wondering what the tricks are to break it in faster.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I've heard of guys wrapping their *unloaded* guns in a plastic Ziplock bag, and then leaving the gun+bag holstered overnight. The additional thickness of the bag apparently lets the holster stretch out a bit, giving more room for the pistol when its holstered by itself again.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I just picked up a Tagua IWB at Bradis II last weekend.....I like the semi tight fit it has for my XDs, but would like to do something about the finish on the "leather". It sort of reminds me of the way they make chicken McNuggets.

ETA: Why do they use different materials for owb vs iwb holsters?

Last edited:

Chow40cal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Olympia
    I picked this up yesterday Amazon.com: Open Top Glock 26-27-33- Black/ Right Handed - Tagua Gunleather BH3-330, Firearm Accessories Holsters: Sports & Outdoors

It's extremely tight and I'm wondering what the tricks are to break it in faster.

I have the same holster...

I didn't really do anything special for its fitment of the pistol. It loosened a bit pretty quick, and it's stayed consistent. I think I've had it around 5-6 months now.

What bothered me about mine is the curvature, or lack thereof, in the holster itself as it sits against the body. It seems there is some hard material between the layers of leather that give it some extra rigidity. I carry at the 4 o'clock position typically, just behind the hip bone. To fix the curvature, I put an unloaded glock in it, wrapped a belt around it, and added just a little tension to curve the two side flaps inward. Leave it like that overnight, and it seems to fit much better.

Best of luck tho, I love mine!

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    I've heard of guys wrapping their *unloaded* guns in a plastic Ziplock bag, and then leaving the gun+bag holstered overnight. The additional thickness of the bag apparently lets the holster stretch out a bit, giving more room for the pistol when its holstered by itself again.

I folded some paper and placed it on both sides of the gun and crammed it in there for the night, then wore it all day yesterday. Half way through the day I hardly even noticed it and the draw and re holstering has loosened up to just about perfect. :rockwoot: This is my fourth holster for this gun and I think I found a winner.

Top Bottom