Any trigger mods for S&W Sigma Series available?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Why is it glock shooters always shove that crap down other people's throat? You like glocks good for you, I don't. This thread isn't about glocks so your inputs not needed further.

in all fairness, many of us Glockers owned Sigma's before moving to Glock and that was the common solution.

It wasn't until years later when S&W offered the M&P that anyone took them serious when it came to polymer pistols.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    in all fairness, many of us Glockers owned Sigma's before moving to Glock and that was the common solution.

It wasn't until years later when S&W offered the M&P that anyone took them serious when it came to polymer pistols.

That's fine but I get tired if reading threads about a certain gun having nothing to do with glock yet someone always starts that oh get a glock crap. If I wanted to know about a glock I would have asked about a glock. I'm sure glocks are great I just don't want one and they are also not in my budget.

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    That's fine but I get tired if reading threads about a certain gun having nothing to do with glock yet someone always starts that oh get a glock crap. If I wanted to know about a glock I would have asked about a glock. I'm sure glocks are great I just don't want one and they are also not in my budget.

Budget is a huge thing these days. I don't have the money for a 1911 or a good handgun, so I settled for what I could afford after shooting different guns that were in my tiny budget. Hope to upgrade later, but it's just not an option at this time.

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    That's fine but I get tired if reading threads about a certain gun having nothing to do with glock yet someone always starts that oh get a glock crap.

welcome to the internet, stupid people say stupid **** all the time ;)

google "sigma trigger" and you'll get a million hits. I'm thinking I saw somewhere once that you can send it back to SW and they'll do some work on the trigger, might be worth giving them a call.

Eric05

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    New Palestine
    I got a SD9 at the gun show. Its a big improvment from the Sigma. Its not an expensive gun either. I picked mine up for $390. The trigger pulls smooth and consistent from start to end. I would highly recomend this as an alternative to upgrading your Sigma. Still has the reliability and it has eaten everything I put through it.:twocents:

inxs

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    I just gave mine a cleanup and changed to a Wolff 3.5 pound spring. Still a little ngritty and not like my M&P or XD but much better than most...

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Why is it glock shooters always shove that crap down other people's throat? You like glocks good for you, I don't. This thread isn't about glocks so your inputs not needed further.
    BTW, Deer Hunter, S&W was sued and lost to Glock BECAUSE the Sigma was a blatant copy of the 1st gen Glock. The suggestion to go to Glock is wholly appropriate because if you are struggling with a Sigma it is because it is a POOR copy of the real deal; GLOCK. Truth hurts.;)

natetheace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Decatur, IN
    My first handgun was a sigma. I was on a tight budget and felt the need to have a pistol now. is it a " trash" gun? No! It is a tool that performs its task every time. It also teaches you how to squeeze the trigger. After around a 1000 rounds and not one malfunction, I purchased a 1911 with a great trigger. I still take my "trash" sigma every time I shoot. It's a great tool and a great teaching tool. If you can learn to shoot a sigma you can shoot anything. The trigger is long, gritty, and hard. But it is consistent and gets better the more you shoot it. I would recommend it to anyone who is on a budget. I can think of worse guns in its price range. In my opinion, the best cheap gun our there. Just my .02.

TheAxehand

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    I removed the pigtail spring, replaced the outer spring with a lighter on, did a little polishing to smooth things out, and pow! Made a big difference in the trigger.

Top Bottom