Any USPSA production GMs/Ms that run training classes near IN/IL/KY/OH?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT

sorry, didn't see Rob and Mongo were hosting a class too. They both have a lot of knowledge about USPSA and would be a good choice as well.

Thanks! :yesway:

We've got a lot of good people to learn from in this state. You'd be well served by training with any of the guys mentioned so far.

Production and Single stack are my divisions. I don't shoot much else. I get confused counting past 10, so I stick to limited capacity divisions.

My classification record USPSA Classifier Lookup Result - United States Practical Shooting Association

and a few of my recent match results

Display Match Results - Detail Page - USPSA - United States Practical Shooting Association
    Display Match Results - Detail Page - USPSA - United States Practical Shooting Association

It's not Stoeger or Grauffel impressive, sure, but I know a bit about the production game.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I have heard good things about Rob377.

I have taken classes with Coach (Aron Bright) and Max Bedwell. They are both very good and I recommend them.

Steve Griffin (Latewatch) concentrates on 3 Gun now but he can teach a lot about USPSA Production as well.

Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Rob, Coach and Max are all good options. I've trained with Max and Aron and watched Rob shoot enough I can guarantee he will be a great trainer too.

My preference would be to do training with multiple guys. I took the approach the more eyes the better. Regarding your questions about division, I would first be concerned with learning the core fundamentals, basically what Rhino said. All of these guys have a handle on the skills needed to advance in USPSA and will present them in a learnable fashion. Without a solid grasp of these fundamentals your spinning the wheels.

I will say a lot of the major/minor stuff is best worked out in practice,calculating your own HF. So many times I think I'm shooting an array or drills in the most efficient way, but by doing it multiple ways, or varying a slight speed change proves otherwise in my hit factor. I don't think that can really be taught in one training class. But all of these guys will teach the best way to break down stages, approach target arrays, entries/exits etc and with practice and match time you'll get it.

Good luck!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    One of the main ranges that I work from is the Riley Conservation Club. Let me know if I can be of service.

Top Bottom