• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I was at my lgs yesterday and I was looking through the pistol section. I was looking at some XD's and then I passed by the Walther PPQ's they had in stock. I had noticed the pistols for weeks and that day I decided to check one out. I took a good look at it, tried the trigger, took it apart, and asked the employee a few questions about it.

I really like the pistol and am thinking about picking one up. Just wondering what some of your opinions about the pistol are.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    I own two walther firearms, very fine quality firearms. While I don't carry mine and don't own the one you mention I wouldn't feel like they were any less. I would pick one up for the right price.

Mango

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I own a PPQ M2 in 9mm and love it. I'm trying to find the 40 cal version of it to add to my collection.

Mags are tough to find, but the gun is worth it.

R33D0

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    I have the original ppq and love it, almost a 1000 rounds with no failures, but extra mags are somewhat difficult to find and expensive

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    PPQ is an amazing weapon

I am sad they changed the location of the magazine release, but the trigger and ergonomics make the weapon outstanding despite the recent changes.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I've been wanting one for awhile. They are very hard to come by in my area right now.
    I have a P99 and P22. I think the PPQ will be a great addition.

jqunac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    I have two Walthers including the M2 9mm and both are good quality handguns. The ergonomics and trigger of the PPQ are top notch IMO.

For those lamenting the changed mag release Walther has announced reintroduction of the Original to the US market in early 2014.

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    I was at my lgs yesterday and I was looking through the pistol section. I was looking at some XD's and then I passed by the Walther PPQ's they had in stock. I had noticed the pistols for weeks and that day I decided to check one out. I took a good look at it, tried the trigger, took it apart, and asked the employee a few questions about it.

I really like the pistol and am thinking about picking one up. Just wondering what some of your opinions about the pistol are.

I had one and sold it here about a month ago. Nothing but good things to be said about it from me. Fun little plinker. Only neg I could even think of, which is not horrible, is the location of the mag release. Wasnt a huge fan of it, but I was use to it in no time.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Best polymer striker fired gun to come out in a long time! P30 ergos at Glock prices.

I am a die hard SIG and H&K fan...the PPQ didn't take long to earn a spot in the range bag. Great gun!

Here's a thread from M4 Carbine forums...Larry Vickers does a Q&A section and was asked about the PPQ:

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=102115

I think that its a pretty big deal since LAV is sponsored by Glock, H&K, and Wilson Combat...for him to say what he did about the PPQ says a ton for the pistol.

Hickok45 gave a couple of resounding reviews as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_QhiTa-7OA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stSSViGh-gY

I have the M1 or Classic with the paddle release. I happen to love it. Some happen to hate it. Most of the PPQ's you will see will be the M2 with the "American" button mag release.

Walther did just announce last week that they will still be importing limited quantities of the Classic model with the paddle mag release. They will also be making a 5" and those lucky enough to get a Navy model will have a great gun as well!

Last edited:

andfc

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Indianapolis
    When I got to shoot a PPQ, I shot it alongside a Sig P226 and my Glock 19, and my groups were by far the best with the Walther, and it was my favorite to shoot. It's one of the most ergonomic pistols I've ever shot, and the trigger is amazing - almost too light. Even being mostly accustomed to Glock controls, I really like the paddle magazine release. I'm disappointed to learn that they're moving away from it.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I have a PPQ in 40S&W with the original mag release lever on the trigger guard. Great weapon and it became my EDC weapon. Same comments about getting extra mags, and getting holsters can be a pain.

First time I held one in my hand, the roof of the gunstore was ripped off and a beam of light shone down on my right hand. The angels began singing. I wept for the beauty of it.

Hexa-Tula

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2010
    Bluffton
    I've got an M2 9mm, with about 700 rounds through it. So far, I love it. It will cycle anything! And wow, doesn't it have an amazing trigger? I really wish there was more support for it. Holsters are hard to find, magazines for the M2 don't seem to exist, and I would REALLY love to see Trijicon HD's for it.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I had a Walther PPQ now known as the M1 Classic a few months back. Traded it for something I thought I wanted more. You know how it goes. But I do wish I had kept it.

While the ergonomics do feel very similar to the Walther P99 it has a grip texture with ambi slide releases similar to the H&K P30. I used to joke about it being a P99 in P30's clothing.

As for the short rest on the PPQ I couldn't tell much of a difference between it and a normal P99 in single action. They are both about the same in terms of a short reset. Heck my P99QA feels just as short as my old PPQ. I still wish I had it though.

Sonney

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    PPQ

I have the 9mm and the 40 M1 with the paddle love them both. You can get mags. from getguns.com I got the 15+2 and the one for the 40 with no problems. Ask for Gloria and she will fix you right up. Great guns for sure.

Sonney

Top Bottom