• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    Went to Big Splash in French lick yesterday. I went down 3 of the big water slides and realized, I hate water slides. They had to be invented by one evil person indeed.
    Sliding down a very small dark tunnel, being thrown around the slides with heavy g's only to be slammed into a pool of water completely disoriented is not my idea of fun.

Has anyone else been to Big Splash? How do these slides compare to others? I want to try others, but if they all are this "extreme" then I may retire my waterslide feet. lol

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    We took my son to Holiday World a couple years ago, and the water slides were the best part. I like the "family size" ones where you go down in a tube or raft with 2-3 other people; not quite as claustrophobic as the body slides.

We're going back next month, and I can't wait! The boy should be tall enough this year to be able to do all the slides. I'm not much of a roller coaster guy, but water parks are cool.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I have to first off say that I love things that get the adrenaline going a little. I love roller coasters and will try every single one of them at least once. That being said, I banged my head pretty hard on the one in French Lick a few months ago. I can't remember the color of the slide (the out was in the far back right and corner IIRC) but I was done and kind of afraid to go down them again (and haven't since). It was so loud, they were watching me come out to make sure I was still safe. It was scary because I could see stars and light when it happened. This slide was completely enclosed and dark. I'll have no problem going down the big ones for the family but I'm not sure you'll see me on one of the little ones again.

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    If you creak when you get out of bed, you're too old for waterslides. :):

I play the Rice Krispies theme song when I get out of bed, but I refuse to be an adult, I may grow old, but I don't have to grow up.

Sorry your Rapture thing didn't work out :laugh:

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I have to first off say that I love things that get the adrenaline going a little. I love roller coasters and will try every single one of them at least once. That being said, I banged my head pretty hard on the one in French Lick a few months ago. I can't remember the color of the slide (the out was in the far back right and corner IIRC) but I was done and kind of afraid to go down them again (and haven't since). It was so loud, they were watching me come out to make sure I was still safe. It was scary because I could see stars and light when it happened. This slide was completely enclosed and dark. I'll have no problem going down the big ones for the family but I'm not sure you'll see me on one of the little ones again.

It was the blue one and I that one IMO was ther better of the two body ones. They yellow (other body one) was way too fast. It hurt the back of my gf's brother.

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    I play the Rice Krispies theme song when I get out of bed, but I refuse to be an adult, I may grow old, but I don't have to grow up.

Sorry your Rapture thing didn't work out :laugh:

:xmad: i was kinda bankin on the 5/21/2011 rapture so's i wouldn't have to get any older. my body has way passed my minds age in years... :D

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    We took my son to Holiday World a couple years ago, and the water slides were the best part. I like the "family size" ones where you go down in a tube or raft with 2-3 other people; not quite as claustrophobic as the body slides.

We're going back next month, and I can't wait! The boy should be tall enough this year to be able to do all the slides. I'm not much of a roller coaster guy, but water parks are cool.

I may have an in law that got stuck on one of the water slides at Holiday World. Their butt was dragging to the point they would stop. They couldn't fit on any of the roller coasters. Talk about sexyness when they were floating down the lazy river.

The water park was the ONLY part of Holiday World that I liked. It was 95 the first day we were there and closer to 100 the 2nd day. I don't do much in heat like that other than find water or A/C.

Oh yeah, I'm really bad with heights (unless I'm in a plane). I don't do roller coasters but I'll climb 75 feet in the air for a water slide.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom