• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gwingo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2015
    Indysub
    My typical daily gear is an EJ89 with an Astra platinum blade, Palmolive shave stick, and a Shavemac silvertip brush.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Merkur 15c with a Feather platinum blade, Proraso creme and a generic badger brush.

<span style="font-size: 13.3333px;">[video=youtube;aZVkW9p-cCU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZVkW9p-cCU[/video]

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I'm living off of a huge supply of razors that my wife acquired when she went on an extreme couponing kick three or four years ago. Some last longer than others, but generally they work pretty good (except the Bics. Those things are butchers. I think they were designed by Rhino).

Having concluded years ago that the while the true purpose of shaving cream is to be a mild lubricant, the true purpose of the store-bought varieties is to extract exorbitant amount of money in return for basically minor amounts of perfume and lanolin combined with a cheap soap as a carrier and some air (for the foamy cans). Therefore I just get a tiny bit of whatever soap bar, body wash, or shampoo is within reach, lather it with some ho****er, and go with that. Works jim dandy. I'd use Break-Free CLP if it was cheaper than basic hand soap (and didn't smell funny).

ETA: Interesting. When I wrote "hot water" without the space, the INGO Big Brother software apparently thought I was using naughty words and asterisked it. heh.

Last edited:

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    EJ89, Personna reds, TAOS lemon soap, and some obscure boar brush. Switched about two years ago and could not be more pleased with the shaves now. I did spend a good bit of money finding the right blade....

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I've got a pretty basic Merkur Heavy DES. Proraso green in a tube, parker brush, and I use feathers. I've got a backup electric for whenver I'm in a hurry, but I definitely prefer my razor. I would say I have $60 invested over 3 years...and expect to maybe be at $100 in 5..mostly due to more Proraso. I paid $20 for 100 feather blades a year or so ago..I don't think I'm half way through it. Penny shave club. :)

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Shave in the shower.. Just soap. Gillette razor don't remember.. It's Orange and black. Razor lasts about a month and I have a tough beard.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Used Glilette since day one. Finally got tired of their high cost and tried Dorco on line for about a fourth the cost. OK but giving 800Razor a chance. Four blades and holder for $15. If they are OK I'll stick with them. Won't go back to Gillette. Wife gave me a Norelco electric years ago but it just didn't cut it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    To each their own, but this seems complicated.

I use whatever razor is on sale and water. Maybe once a week, shaving cream.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    Merkur long handled
    I alternate. I have some Gillette, but the Personna blades work pretty well for me as well (and are a whole lot cheaper).
    Proraso green
    Nivea Post Shave

I haven't shaved in about two weeks, as I'm growing out the old beard to shave it into the goatee.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Gillette Mach III in shower with soap.

Tip, to add to the blades life, don't leave the razor in the shower.
    Blow the water off of it so it dries fast and the blades don't corrode as quickly.

Top Bottom