• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Does anyone have any defensive pistol classes in the winter?
    With winter coming up, I've started thinking of how I've trained and carry.

The classes I've taken, I was taught to put my left hand on my chest when I draw my gun. Since I prefer to conceal carry, using a IWB holster, I've gotten in the habit to pull my shirt up so I can have open access when I draw my gun.

With winter coming up, I'll be wearing heavier clothing with a heavy coat. And it would be nice to have a training class to learn better ways to draw your gun with heavy clothing on. Plus, it would be nice to find out how my gun would operate in colder temps. And find out if there are any "tricks" to shooting more accurate in freezing A temps.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    We will be scheduling our low light class for early december. If there is enough interest, we can do the full on cold weather class.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    We train year round. The only thing that stops us is ice and snow because we need to be able to safely run and shoot. So we do train in colder weather, but not on ice. We do basic pistol regardless because we can treat ice at the shooting stations.

Last edited:

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    We have classes year round as well.

Bulky clothing does add a consideration, but your draw stroke should not change. I teach clearing your cover garment a single way that solves all types of clothing regardless of season.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    In addition to the low light class (which is in the winter because of daylight saving time), we've done some cold weather classes and seminars in the past.

Actually, doing another 4-hour cold weather class would be a great idea. I'll see what we can do.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    In addition to the low light class (which is in the winter because of daylight saving time), we've done some cold weather classes and seminars in the past.

Actually, doing another 4-hour cold weather class would be a great idea. I'll see what we can do.

Awesome! I'll be there!

Top Bottom