• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    are there any women hunters on the board? i have a girlfriend who wants to sit in the tree with me and im having a heck of a time finding her hunting clothes. she is small (4'11" any about 105 lbs) ive found stuff that is more expensive than the stuff i wear and she will only be sitting with me on nice days so no need for cold weather gear (yet).

if this is in the wrong spot feel free to move it mods.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    she is small (4'11" any about 105 lbs) ive found stuff that is more expensive than the stuff i wear and she will only be sitting with me on nice days so no need for cold weather gear (yet).

if this is in the wrong spot feel free to move it mods.

Id suggest dating a girl your own age ;)
    I'm sure they make youth cloths that would fit her...I dont guess they have to be clothes made specifically for woman. try wally world,gander mountain or dicks sporting goods if ya have one in your area.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    You know, camo is pretty new. People have been hunting for a lot longer than camo's been around. I often wear a checked or plaid wool shirt and gray, green or brown wool pants to hunt in, and I seldom hunt with anything but a longbow on the ground. I also don't do too bad in the success column.

Animals see and react to movement more than color. Wool (or fleece) doesn't reflect the light that does make you stand out, and muted colors helps as well. So a soft cloth like fleece in a muted color, with minimal movement, will do her fine.

Unless you just like her in camo. They do make shorty nightwear in camo now, if you're that far along with her. :)

By the way,
    Id suggest dating a girl your own age
    wink.gif
    Dat's funny +1 :)

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Id suggest dating a girl your own age ;)
    I'm sure they make youth cloths that would fit her...I dont guess they have to be clothes made specifically for woman. try wally world,gander mountain or dicks sporting goods if ya have one in your area.

now thats funny even if it was at my expense:D

they defintally dont have to be womens clothes. just camo clothes that fit her. im 6'2 220 and she has been wearing my extras and they are just a little big

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    You know, camo is pretty new. People have been hunting for a lot longer than camo's been around. I often wear a checked or plaid wool shirt and gray, green or brown wool pants to hunt in, and I seldom hunt with anything but a longbow on the ground. I also don't do too bad in the success column.

Animals see and react to movement more than color. Wool (or fleece) doesn't reflect the light that does make you stand out, and muted colors helps as well. So a soft cloth like fleece in a muted color, with minimal movement, will do her fine.

Unless you just like her in camo. They do make shorty nightwear in camo now, if you're that far along with her. :)

By the way, Dat's funny +1 :)

ive also hunted without camo on the ground but ive had alot more luck since i started wearing it. when it comes to mature old bucks ill take every LEGAL advantage i can get

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Allrightythen!
    Today is Sunday, January 29, 2012. I just today received the email response to this thread. HUH? :dunno:

(the last date listed is 09/12/09 @ 15:14 - my post. :rolleyes:)

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Allrightythen!
    Today is Sunday, January 29, 2012. I just today received the email response to this thread. HUH? :dunno:

(the last date listed is 09/12/09 @ 15:14 - my post. :rolleyes:)

My guess is that somebody making a run for 50 posts hit the thread (pinged your subscription) and then got deleted.
    Just guessing.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Well good, hopefully she is still hunting with you!

she didn't get to much this year, our first born was only 4 1/2 months old at the begging of bow season this year so that cut her time instand down a ton. im sure this comming year she will be able to slip away with me alot more often

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I thought it read "Woman-Hunter" which I definitely am. Carry on. Congrats on the little young'un pre hunter. Born into a fine family. EBG

ya the kid is opening new doors for me. now i can say "honey you dont want the kid to be hard of hearing like her dad, i really dont want to but i have to start buying suppressors. its for the baby:D"

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    I hope ...

... that your woman is not that dumb!!!! But she probably understands you more better than you think she does! You have good taste in girls!
    ya the kid is opening new doors for me. now i can say "honey you dont want the kid to be hard of hearing like her dad, i really dont want to but i have to start buying suppressors. its for the baby:D"

Top Bottom