• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I think its brilliant from a business standpoint.

In a culture where the majority of people can't take their noses away from a shiny screen, and have the attention span of a gnat... it is making the company a lot more money. Someone pulls up to the pump to put $20 in their tank, but then gets distracted by the pretty screen, and ends up putting $22 in the tank. I see it as taking advantage/punishing stupid people.

I always prepay inside for gas though. No going over for me.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I think its brilliant from a business standpoint.

In a culture where the majority of people can't take their noses away from a shiny screen, and have the attention span of a gnat... it is making the company a lot more money. Someone pulls up to the pump to put $20 in their tank, but then gets distracted by the pretty screen, and ends up putting $22 in the tank. I see it as taking advantage/punishing stupid people.

I always prepay inside for gas though. No going over for me.
    People still do that? I mean, fill up by dollar amount, rather than gallons? I've always filled the tank. At least, for the last 25 years.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    People still do that? I mean, fill up by dollar amount, rather than gallons? I've always filled the tank. At least, for the last 25 years.

With the gas price fluctuation right now, there can be .30-50 cents per gallon difference in a week. If I'm under 1/2 a tank and the price shoots up 40 cents, most of the time, it will be back down in aboit a week. When I hit a 1/4 tank, I'll only put in $15-20 to hold me over until the price drops.

Top Bottom