• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    The word "concealed" seems to have completely lost its meaning? It seems like any news article you read, any website you are searching or whatever, nobody ever mentions "carrying firearms", its almost always "carrying concealed firearms" whether they are honestly even talking about concealed carry only or not.

There are even people in Indiana with a license to carry a handgun who walk around saying they have a concealed weapons permit. What the hell?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Society doesn't do research, they regurgitate what they hear.

As the masses are indoctrinated, common vocabulary tends to follow.

I hope I don't get in trouble for OCing my CCW on my CCP. ;)

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Probably because the majority of the time they, especially news articles, are referring to bad situations and BG's and they usually don't OC. :)

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...It seems like any news article you read, any website you are searching or whatever, nobody ever mentions "carrying firearms", its almost always "carrying concealed firearms" whether they are honestly even talking about concealed carry only or not.

The trend seems to have permeated even into Congressional bills:

Bill Text - 112th Congress (2011-2012) - THOMAS (Library of Congress):

Perhaps there is some real legal necessity in this case, but really... 17 instances of the word "concealed"? :dunno:

wow.

railbug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Noblesville
    I think it like when a motorcycle rider is killed the news always has to say if they had a helmet on or not. The helmet does not really matter.

boileralum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Indy
    I think it like when a motorcycle rider is killed the news always has to say if they had a helmet on or not. The helmet does not really matter.
    Actually, a helmet make make a huge difference in a low speed crash. I have a friend who nearly died from laying down his bike at about 15mph (it snapped over on him). He had an aneurysm and had to have a hole drilled in his head to drain it. If he had been wearing a helmet, he still would have broken his collar bone, but would not have been in the ICU.

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    ...whether they are honestly even talking about concealed carry only or not.

"Honestly" would be the key word, I think. I can't remember that last time I read, heard or saw an honest journalist do an honest piece on anything regarding civil, Constitutional or human rights as applied to citizens and/or legal residents of this country.

Of course, actual journalists are an almost extinct breed. I am having some trouble naming any at the moment.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    "Honestly" would be the key word, I think. I can't remember that last time I read, heard or saw an honest journalist do an honest piece on anything regarding civil, Constitutional or human rights as applied to citizens and/or legal residents of this country.

Of course, actual journalists are an almost extinct breed. I am having some trouble naming any at the moment.

There are some, but most of them are still in High School working on the school newspaper. By the time they get done with "Journalism School", the "journalist" will be knocked right out of most them. The rest will get an honest job somewhere outside the news business.

Top Bottom