Anybody else tire of seeing a good thread get ruined by the OC/CC debate?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Well?

• Total voters

TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    How come no "I am anti CC"? (btw..I voted for pro carry period because it does'nt matter to me if anyone chooses CC only)

It doesn't matter to the ones that OC's if someone CC's. Its the ones that CC's only that hates those that OC. The ones that CC's think they have the right to tell everyone else how they should carry. Lets be thankful that someone even carries not matter how they do it.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I'll be honest. I CC and I don't see why anyone would OC out in the general public. It freaks out the squares and I don't like drawing attention to myself from strangers. It seems like a poor decision to me.

That said, I know ATM OC's and he's cool, so it must make sense and I'm just not seeing it. True story. :twocents:

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I'll be honest. I CC and I don't see why anyone would OC out in the general public. It freaks out the squares and I don't like drawing attention to myself from strangers. It seems like a poor decision to me.

That said, I know ATM OC's and he's cool, so it must make sense and I'm just not seeing it. True story. :twocents:

I'll be honest, too. I OC, and don't see why anyone would CC anywhere, let alone in public. I don't care what you do in your own home, but there has to be a line drawn somewhere.

I don't let other people's insecurities and fears dictate how I live my life. I am not ashamed to carry a gun. I don't worry what people think when I step out of my house each day.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I'll be honest, too. I OC, and don't see why anyone would CC anywhere, let alone in public. I don't care what you do in your own home, but there has to be a line drawn somewhere.

I don't let other people's insecurities and fears dictate how I live my life. I am not ashamed to carry a gun. I don't worry what people think when I step out of my house each day.

It's a free country! :patriot:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I both oc and cc, depending on what I'm wearing. I usually use a OWB holster for either method of carry though, so sometimes even cc turns into oc.

I truly wish the cc only gestapo would put in sock in it and just support carry period.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Why would anyone be against OC? Depending on the circumstances and the wind, a good dose of OC/CS can... What? Ohhhhh. Nevermind. :wrongdoor:

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Frankly are there any longer threads here that stay even remotely on-topic? I love this forum quite a bit, but most popular threads turn into completely inane drivel and it drives me batty.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    ...when someone comes in saying "Why don't you conceal carry instead?" "Quit trying to scare my mother and sister by open carrying" etc.. It really kills the original topic of the thread when it turns into a 3 or 4 page OC vs. CC debate.

...I'm really not trying to attack anybody in this, but honestly I get tired of reading the same old debate every day in every thread...

OR when CC'ers get constantly and consistently bashed by those who view CC'ing as 'sneaky' or 'cowardly' or some other load of :poop: in some form or fashion making fun of CC'ers.

There's TONS of threads about OC'ing, like "The Open Carry Argument", "An OC Guide To Protecting Your Rights" (both stickied) or "Where did you OC today?". Where's the equivalent stickied threads about CC?

And innumerable threads with someone complaining that they're being 'harassed' "because they OC". WHY is this made such an issue? And how do WE know that the OP of that thread didn't do something that justified being stopped? 'Cause sure as shootin', he / she is ALWAYS going to say "I was just minding my own business and all of a sudden I was being harassed..."

Some here have been carrying (OC, CC, whatever) for years or decades and have NEVER been stopped or 'harassed' by police, etc. How can this be possible, when other members repeatedly claim they're being 'stopped' or 'harassed'?

MAYBE it's NOT the OC that's the issue, but the person that's OC'ing? MAYBE it's an issue because (some) OC'ers MAKE it an issue? :dunno:

Most certainly, it's time to "just move on, and let it go", as one INGO member previously noted. I agree.

Doesn't matter if you OC or CC. Let it go, and move on, and let's have more threads relevant to CARRYING and less threads complaining about getting negative results for issues intentionally created. :yesway:

Intentionally creating problems ('taking over' a Cracker Barrel OC'ing when these folks KNOW that Cracker Barrel doesn't want that) does NOTHING to advance the cause of ALL gun owners. It's simply a self-centered, bad action that makes ALL other law-abiding gun-toters look bad.

Last edited:

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    OC'ers were the bullies of your childhood days. I was intimidated so much by all the anti-CC posts that I quit carrying completely and will probably be traumatized for life.

:D

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I'll be honest. I CC

Excellent! :yesway: Admitting it is the first step. :D J/K

...and I don't see why anyone would OC out in the general public.
    We can discuss my personal reasons if you ever want to hear them (or you can just read my reasons elsewhere on the forum), but it's certainly not necessary that I convince you of anything or that you accept or apply my reasoning to your preference.

It freaks out the squares
    I've never had anyone freak out due to me carrying openly, but the possibility exists. I am prepared for it to happen however slight the chance.

...and I don't like drawing attention to myself from strangers.
    There's the biggest difference IMO which makes our differing choices best for each of us. I don't mind when it happens, as I have a great success rate of converting those who are curious about carrying, or even apprehensive or misguided about guns, and guiding interactions to a positive outcome.

It seems like a poor decision to me.
    It might very well be a poor decision for you, based on any number of other factors, but to imply that my decision is a poor one, well... nah, I doubt that's what you meant ;)

That said, I know TBE CCs and he's cool, so I trust it makes the best sense for him and many others. I'm glad he's not the type to make me defend my preferences or treat me like I'm an idiot for doing something different.

I appreciate that.

I like true stories, they're the best. :patriot:

RFox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    West side Indy
    i prefer CC but have nothing against OC. i think that's probably the majority of people that carry. pendulums swing far and wide. most of us are in between

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Hey, what about OCC? You guys always talk about OC or CC, but you always leave OCC out. That's just not nice to those of use that OC and CC at the same time. Just to show how frustrated I am with us OCC'rs being left out, I'm going to OC my CC and CC my OC for the next week or maybe even longer. That will show you all! It's sure to make everyone angry and if us OCC'rs finally get mentioned, I'll be happy.

So, if any of you guys see someone walking towards you that looks to be REALLY happy to see you, with a Sig P238 in a tiny OWB holster, you are probably meeting a protesting OCC'r that is carrying his pocket gun OWB and have a Glock 21 stuffed in his pocket.

SmithGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    So what happens when you OC and a police officer spots your weapon? Of course you are not breaking any laws, but I would imagine most cops would get a little nervous. When cops get nervous, escalations can happen quickly.

Top Bottom