• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    I was shooting my 10/22 :ar15:and I had a problem. The scope mount became loose. I took the scope and mount off and the threads came out with it :noway: what should I do lol

1. I dont know how to put a barrel into a new reciever and I hate paying people to do it

2. should I buy another one and put an archangel stock on my old one

3. should I instead buy a Henry Golden Boy and put an archangel stock on my old 10/22

4. I could re-thread it but I believe id have to drill the hole in the mount bigger and risk the same problem later or destroying the reciever

5. LOTS O DUCT TAPE like a south african ak :):

opinions and :twocents: plz

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I think you might have over tightened the screws, aluminum is not the strongest.

1. Replacing the receiver would be easy. The barrel is held in by 2 screws and a "v" block. IMHO it would be good to know how to break it down and clean it anyway.

2. Any excuse to buy 10 22 parts is a good excuse.

3. maybe

4. Only if money is a problem and you already have everything you need to do it.

5. Only if you are part of a violent tribe.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Replacing the barrel is a 5 minute job at best...very easy to do however...

I could re-thread it but I believe id have to drill the hole in the mount bigger and risk the same problem later or destroying the reciever

Many people do this simply because the small mount screws and holes have a history of not holding well. Most folks go up 8-40 and use Loc-tite and reasonable torque instead of relying on brute force to hold the original 6-48 mount screws in place.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Brownells has "oversized" screws just for this type of problem. They are not the next full size bigger, they are just a little bigger to make up for the missing material in the hole. Good Luck

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Brownells has "oversized" screws just for this type of problem. They are not the next full size bigger, they are just a little bigger to make up for the missing material in the hole. Good Luck

That seems like a good plan.
    The barrel change is easy, but new receiver isn't cheap. Arch angle stock would probably be better for this gun, and start over, as buying a new receiver is buying a new 10/22 anyways.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Ruger could rectify this situation at the factory, they simply choose not too. A better grade of material for the receiver and/or a more appropriate screw size would do it.
    Todays 10/22 can't hold a candle to the older versions. Like many others, Ruger is letting quality go to the wayside in order to make the best profit possible.

Top Bottom