• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • builder_one

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Yep, it's a very slim pistol chambered for a hot submachinegun round. I bought a good amount of the so called "junk" Polish surplus, the fireball is impressive, the ammo has been flawless whether or not the neck is cracked prior to firing and the pistol spits the empties about 30' out. Buy one while they're reasonably cheap.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    My brother has one trigger pull is nasty and keep in mind they never where designed with a safety so the pot metal one they put on them hangs up from time to time. but over all a great peice of history and very powerful handgun. not bad plinkers ether once you get used to the trigger. we where also running polish ammo junk ammo (however it was very clean and i saw no cracked necks) polish ammo is about all you can find right now its very corrosive but still im thinking of buying one.... but i just bought a nagant revolver today so maybe in the future for me

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    I have the Romanian TTC I wish they had the m57s when I got mine for the extra round in the mag but what the heck its just a range gun and I like it

Calvin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    I just got one. There were about 30 to choose from where I bought it. Conditions ranged from unused to pretty manky. Needless to say I got one of the ones in almost unused condition. In my hand it feels very natural and small. The controls are very 1911 like, as one would expect. My safety is not only functional, but quite crisp. I suspect the "bad" safeties are worn. I would love to modernize the grips and sights as I think this pistol would shoot well at longer ranges with it's flat shooting round. I'll do some range time with it and if it is as good as I think it will be, I just might have dovetails cut for modern 1911 sights and add walnut grips.

Ash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    The Yugo M57 comes with an added safety made of stamped steel. It has a longer grip and frame than the others (Soviet, Chinese, Polish, Romanian, etc.), thus holding one more round, and the magazine is longer. They come with a magazine disconnect, and a captive slide/recoil spring.
    The trigger pull on mine and my brother's are pretty decent for what they are. I've heard, like many military surplus arms, that trigger pull from gun to gun can vary.

Overall, I like mine better than my Romanian just because it has a longer grip.

The 7.62x25 Tokarev is a pistol round. It just happens to be the round chosen for use in the submachine guns PPSh-41, and PPS-43 for example.

Cheers.

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    Shooting buddy showed up by one, ordered from Wideners. Liked it and ordered one (C&R) Beautiful pistol almost like new. Cleaned the goop out of it and shot the polish surplus ammo thru it. No issues at all.

Decided to order another, after about 4 shots the safety will ride up just enough to stop the trigger. PIA. Might have to remove the safety lever and rework it until it stays in the detent.

I think they're a great buy. I snagged 3 cans of ammo for them awhile ago.

other guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Peru Indiana
    i've got one. the problem with them seems to be the surplus aqmmo seems to be drying up. the big draw for them was the cheap surplus ammo.

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    I have one I got about a year and a half ago. It was so full of cosmoline/grease, you pull the slide back and it would sssssllooooowwwly go into battery. lol Degunked it and it was fine, bluing was pretty good too.

The "safety" pretty much fell out on it's own. Being this gun was designed w/o a safety, I just left it out. Backyard range gun anyway.

I got a spam can of 1260 rounds for 100 bucks at a show. Also found Wolf hollow points for $20 a box of 50.

pwalter824

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    love mine

I have had mine for a couple of months now bought surplus ,covered in cosmoline ,i really thought i had a junker how it looked and I could barely work the slide.
    after a good cleaning it turned out to be in brand new condition everything is working fine , the safety works good and it shoots great
    I really like the fire breathing dragon effect when shooting the surplus ammo I bought.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Thats a real ComBloc special right there. That 7.62x25mm round is hot, way fast. I don't have one yet, but would like to get one and put it beside my Polish P-64 in the gun safe! Oh nuts, another caliber of ammo to start squirreling away! My wife is gonna get real mad.

pwalter824

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    If anyone finds a supply of cheap surplus mags for M-57 let me know.

I have heard that a cz52 mag will work if you modify it by adding the notch for the mag catch on the side
    if you search on google you can find instructions for this
    the cz 52 mags are around $20 at sportsmans guide

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I have heard that a cz52 mag will work if you modify it by adding the notch for the mag catch on the side
    if you search on google you can find instructions for this
    the cz 52 mags are around $20 at sportsmans guide

I've seen them, just want original M57 surplus.

mdst

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I have had mine for a couple of months now bought surplus ,covered in cosmoline ,i really thought i had a junker how it looked and I could barely work the slide.
    after a good cleaning it turned out to be in brand new condition everything is working fine , the safety works good and it shoots great
    I really like the fire breathing dragon effect when shooting the surplus ammo I bought.
    same here bought mine at gander on a sat special ,, after disassembly and a good soak in kerosene , then normal cleaning and lube looks and shoots great,, now the problem is 7.62x25 surplus ammo is running dry

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Man I saw these at the gun show in Fort Wayne not too long ago. I kinda want one now, was hesitant to buy one without doing some research first. If I could only go back in time......hmmm...

pwalter824

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    same here bought mine at gander on a sat special ,, after disassembly and a good soak in kerosene , then normal cleaning and lube looks and shoots great,, now the problem is 7.62x25 surplus ammo is running dry

yes but there new production ammo is available and that is reloadable so I am not too worried.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom