• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdst

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    yes but there new production ammo is available and that is reloadable so I am not too worried.

I know i purchased new when i first got pistol to make sure it would shoot before buying a bunch of surplus,, then it was less than $100 for 1250 rds,, but I only bought 280 cause i screwed up and thought it would be around ,, wrong ,, also bought a box of hollow points cause i thought i might carry it ,, but they are not much of a hollow to trust expansion and not just penatrating way too far

pwalter824

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    I know i purchased new when i first got pistol to make sure it would shoot before buying a bunch of surplus,, then it was less than $100 for 1250 rds,, but I only bought 280 cause i screwed up and thought it would be around ,, wrong ,, also bought a box of hollow points cause i thought i might carry it ,, but they are not much of a hollow to trust expansion and not just penatrating way too far

I just Bought a 9mm barrel for mine , I figure to use the 7.62 for plinking and use the 9mm for personal defense.

mdst

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I just Bought a 9mm barrel for mine , I figure to use the 7.62 for plinking and use the 9mm for personal defense.
    where did you purchase the barrel ? did it require a new barrel bushing ? will the yugo mags feed the shorter 9mm rds correctly ,, and if you don't mind what was the cost? thanks

pwalter824

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    where did you purchase the barrel ? did it require a new barrel bushing ? will the yugo mags feed the shorter 9mm rds correctly ,, and if you don't mind what was the cost? thanks

I have not tried it yet I just bought it on auction arms .com
    don't know if i need another bushing as it has not arrived yet
    it was around $80
    i will give a full report after i get it and try it out

7.62shooter2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Central Illinois
    I picked up 2 of the Yugo M57s and one TT33 from gun broker about 1.5 years ago. My TT33 is very accurate and has better trigger pull. I assume the pull is better because of the hammer assembly ... I have not looked to see if the hammer assembly will interchange with the M57. I can use the M57 mags in the TT33 if I want so I can get the extra round. I use these pistols as inexpensive, large caliber practice guns for my family. Though I have read that this round will pierce a vest.

From what I've seen, you can buy inexpensive TT33 mags, but you will pay dearly for the M57 mags.

I saw the ammo starting to dry up somewhat last fall so I stocked up this past winter. I have not checked for supply lately.

I like 'em. :yesway: My next purchase in this caliber is a semi auto ppsh 41. I already purchased the extra mags for it. :rolleyes:

sgt.porter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Deleware County
    I have a nice older M57 (SN# in the 5000 range). Fun plinker. Trigger pull is heavier than I like and empty mags don't fall well. I had to file down the edges on the import mandated safety because it kept catching the trigger sear and causing the the hammer to go to half cock. Then I beveled the little catch dimples with a dremel because it was so tight you about had to hold the gun with two hands just to take it off safe. Other than that, I love the M57. Holding it just feels natural, more so than the 1911 IMO.
    It's a powerful round in a handgun built like a tank. Would be a great SHTF gun if you had a large stockpile of ammo.
    I bought a case of Polish ammo and had nothing but trouble with it. Lots of light pops and unburnt powder igniting as the case was ejected. Inaccurate as hell, I couldn't get an 8" group out of it. I still have about 600 rounds of it. Most people don't have any trouble with the Polish ammo, maybe I just got a bad batch.
    Got lucky enough to find a case of Serbian ammo at a local shop. It seems to be higher quality and more consistent. I get 2" groups at 10yds and no problems, as you would expect with Serbian ammo. Shop owner said he'd probably never see Serbian surplus ammo again. :(

mdst

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I picked up 2 of the Yugo M57s and one TT33 from gun broker about 1.5 years ago. My TT33 is very accurate and has better trigger pull. I assume the pull is better because of the hammer assembly ... I have not looked to see if the hammer assembly will interchange with the M57. I can use the M57 mags in the TT33 if I want so I can get the extra round. I use these pistols as inexpensive, large caliber practice guns for my family. Though I have read that this round will pierce a vest.

From what I've seen, youhttp://www.ccsportingarms.com/main.sc can buy inexpensive TT33 mags, but you will pay dearly for the M57 mags.

I saw the ammo starting to dry up somewhat last fall so I stocked up this past winter. I have not checked for supply lately.

I like 'em. :yesway: My next purchase in this caliber is a semi auto ppsh 41. I already purchased the extra mags for it. :rolleyes:

CCSA has the mags but looks like they are having problems with them Custom Classic Sporting Arms

jsheets1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Portage NWI
    They had a table full of M-57's at the Crown Point show last weekend for 200 a crack. I really should have jumped on it. Classic has them available chromed out which looks really trick.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    Speaking of the 7.62x25 drying up, does this mean that is it for surplus ammo? I am newer to firearms and bought a CZ-52 a couple of years ago along with a few thousand rounds. My stock is drying up. Will I never be able to pay 9 cents a round again?

pwalter824

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2011

update I got my 9mm barrel yesterday ,it drops right into my M57 and the barrel bushing fits fine hopefully later this week i can pick up a box of 9mm to try it out .

pwalter824

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    we need to find an importer so we can buy them from here
    ZASTAVA ARMS

Zastava told me they have a shipment of Mags for the M57's that was sent to PW arms that should arrive at the end of june
    I asked midwest gun Exchange in mishawaka about it and he said they would order some in , as soon as they let me know they are in stock I will post it

pwalter824

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    update I got my 9mm barrel yesterday ,it drops right into my M57 and the barrel bushing fits fine hopefully later this week i can pick up a box of 9mm to try it out .

took My M57 out with the 9mm barrel and using my original mag for the 7.62 I ran about 30 rounds through it and no jams or any other problems
    it seems to work fine. i did how ever have a couple of jams with an aftermarket magazine but i can tell by looking that the aftermarket mag has a slightly deformed feed lip on one side. and that mag gives me trouble when I run 7.62 through it if i load 9 it jams every time so i always load 8 in that mag.
    hoping if I pick up a couple new ones when they come in to midwest the new ones will work like my original one .
    then i will be set shooting 7,62 or 9mm
    :):

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom