• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Used to own a Steyr AUG, but not modified. I did see the rifle (or an MSAR copy) being used on "The Walking Dead" by The Governor during an early attack on the prison (season 2, IIRC). I also noticed that it was using a left-ejecting bolt, as the actor was left-handed. Might be the only time I've noticed a left-ejecting rifle on TV or film, and I wonder if (and how) the props man got hold of a left-ejecting bolt for the AUG, as I imagine they're fairly rare.

The AUG was made for quick mods; swap out the port cover, drop in proper bolt, replace the butt plate and you're good to go.

The AUG sold because of Die Hard.

In contrast, the reason Le Clarion never took off in the USA was the fact that it was not featured in a movie.

If you want to sell guns, or have a 100 page paen to a plastic pistol on INGO, put the stupid thing in a movie!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Is this a homebrew or did you buy it? I'm really digging it. I find the 1851 Navy fits my hand really well.

I bought it but it's a little bit of both...Here is a link to an article on it...It comes with a sort of matte black finish (which looked awful) so remove that (with steel wool, fine sandpaper or what have you) and you are left with an aged looking peacemaker with the brass grip frame...The brass can be aged with vinegar, urine, or black powder residue left over in a flintlock pan....Just wipe down the brass with it, let it sit a day and then wipe it off....

I aged a brown bess musket I was de farbing for a character I was portraying; Matthew Elliott, a British Indian Agent in the revolution..Or "British, Indian, Asian" as the cute, young, filly FFA tourist called me when I was working downtown Louisville during their convention...("Tiffany, Brittany come quick and get your picture made with this guy...He's British, Indian and Asian!!!!!!) LOL.....

Uberti Hombre: An American classic via Italy with some liberty in Mexico - Guns.com

Here is how it looks with the original finish...

wm_7230063.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I bought it but it's a little bit of both...Here is a link to an article on it...It comes with a sort of matte black finish (which looked awful) so remove that (with steel wool, fine sandpaper or what have you) and you are left with an aged looking peacemaker with the brass grip frame...The brass can be aged with vinegar, urine, or black powder residue left over in a flintlock pan....Just wipe down the brass with it, let it sit a day and then wipe it off....

*note to self* If indiucky offers to let you shoot one if his "aged" pistols, politely decline. :):

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    Well, I've got a Red Ryder bb gun like the one seen in A Christmas Story. LoL! Does that count? !
    I've always wanted to get a .455 Webley revolver like the one used by Harrison Ford in Raiders of the Lost Ark. Fat chance of that ever happening though...

derekblake40

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    fort wayne
    I have a stock glock, I see lots of those in movies! Actually though every time I see a Beretta 92 in a movie I want one. Even though I have owned one and hated it for the sake of disassembly.

robbman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2016
    Shelby county
    I use to have the webley but sold it because it was one of the modified ones with moon clips. I do have a mini 14 like the a team, stainless with factory folding stock.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I use to have the webley but sold it because it was one of the modified ones with moon clips. I do have a mini 14 like the a team, stainless with factory folding stock.

I know this is nitpicking, but FWIW, the guns used on the A Team were actually AC-556, the full auto brother to the Mini-14.
    Of course, no one would know the difference between the two until he saw the little switch that has the "Fun" position on the AC-556. ;)

Top Bottom