Anybody know how many S&W M&P .357 Sigs were made...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    So I have this S&W M&P 357c that I was wondering just how many of them are out there? I was also wondering if they made a full sized version and well. I would like to try to find one if so. I have done some initial looking but no luck so far so I guess I need to know how many were made if any of them.
    main.php

So I am asking the S&W people here at the forum if they know much able these pistols. They weren't popular I am guessing since they also don't make one now nor do I remember ever seeing the full sized. I had to order the compact and that was the first year they startled making the M&P series pistols and revolvers. So this at least gives a starting point for when they would have been made. Beyond that though I really never did much looking at them since I had the one I liked or at least I did then.

So if anyone knows about the M&P and the progression of the different pistols that make it up through the run of them so far, what can you tell me about the 357 sig's specifically. Thanks!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I did check to see if one was offer still and found they were not in production. I am wondering more if there are any records of how many were made. I don't seem to find this information on the S&W Website. Thanks for your help though. I have an email in too but it has been a while so I am not sure if they will answer me.

At least I know they exist, now to find one.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I did check to see if one was offer still and found they were not in production. I am wondering more if there are any records of how many were made. I don't seem to find this information on the S&W Website. Thanks for your help though. I have an email in too but it has been a while so I am not sure if they will answer me.

At least I know they exist, now to find one.

Or buy a 40 and find an OEM or aftermarket 357 barrel. Some of these are out of stock.

Storm Lake Barrel S&W M&P 357 Sig 1 16 Twist 4.25 SS

S&W M&P 357 SIG REPLACEMENT BARREL, 4.25" | Brownells

Smith & Wesson Barrel S&W M&P 357 Sig 4-1/4

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I know a guy at work that has a full size 357 M&P. He offered to sell it to me. I wasnt interested. He may not have it anymore.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I know a guy at work that has a full size 357 M&P. He offered to sell it to me. I wasnt interested. He may not have it anymore. I told him to keep it and buy a 9mm and 40 barrel for it.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Thanks! If your friend still has his I would be interested VERT. I will also check on the trade ins from NJ. I am also awaye I can convert a 40 cal as I have a 40 bbl for my current 357 sig. I will keep my eyes open, thanks again.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I texted my friend. He shot it and likes the gun. He is thinking about getting a 40 barrel. So struck out there.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I saw a full sized one on armslist just a couple of months ago. I just did a search, no luck, it must have sold or the owner pulled the ad.
    I remember it caught my eye, as I have a Glock 31 chambered in .357 sig. and I recently sold a Glock 32 also a .357 sig.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I will keep looking. Maybe someone @ S&W has a lead. LOL At least I hope they tell me how many are out there. I did some checking into the turn ins too but no luck there either. My guess is they turn up as fast as someone grabs them so it is a matter of luck.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom