Anybody know minimum parcel size to build house in Henry County Indiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    As the title suggests I'm trying to learn what the minimum parcel size is to build a house in Henry county. The lot is located north of Shirley Indiana by a few miles. (Yes I know Shirley is not in Henry county, but the lot is.) The lot size is 2.6 and is out in the country. Thinking of purchasing for a rainy day, but wanted to find out if I'll be able to build if and when the time comes.
    Thanks in advance.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    As the title suggests I'm trying to learn what the minimum parcel size is to build a house in Henry county. The lot is located north of Shirley Indiana by a few miles. (Yes I know Shirley is not in Henry county, but the lot is.) The lot size is 2.6 and is out in the country. Thinking of purchasing for a rainy day, but wanted to find out if I'll be able to build if and when the time comes.
    Thanks in advance.
    The best place to check is going to be Henry Country courthouse or other local government agencies.

My gut tells me 2.6 (acres?) is going to be much large that minimum. Just for reference, my house is in a rural area on .39 acres. Heck, people plop down a house-trailer on a .1 acre lot all the time.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Thanks in advance.

2.6 what? Acres? That should be plenty. Have you seen the lots developers build on these days??????

Realistically, your bigger concers are how deep you'll have to go for water and a satisfactory perc test for what is almost sure to be a septic requirement.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I hear you all. I swear though I remember hearing about some county here in central Indiana that had a 5 acre minimum. Yes I meant 2.6 acres. Call the County government office today. Got voice mail. Left message, never heard back from them. Perk and septic, ya that should be fun........

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I hear you all. I swear though I remember hearing about some county here in central Indiana that had a 5 acre minimum. Yes I meant 2.6 acres. Call the County government office today. Got voice mail. Left message, never heard back from them. Perk and septic, ya that should be fun........

Shelby and Johnson have 5 acre minimums unless (last time I checked which was in the 90's) there are utilities available. If you have to have a septic and a well, a lot of places are 5 acres. You also need to check the zoning for the parcel as well.

Top Bottom