• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Anybody other than me......... actually read anything other than the first and the last post in a thread?!?!? :rolleyes:

I get so tired of reading through a thread where somebody asks a question and 14 people answer with the exact same answer because they didn't bother to see if it had been answered already. Now... I'm not talking a ten page thread, I'm talking a one or two page thread!!!! Is it really that hard to see if you're going to be helping or just sounding like a parrot?? :dunno:

Sheeze!!!! :n00b:

Oh...... and I'll add that "alot" is NOT a freaking' word!!!!! :runaway:

OK.... I feel better now!!! :facepalm:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    287030391v1_350x350_Front_Color-Black.jpg

Just kidding with ya CS1!

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    I always read the whole thread; unless it is like the funny picture thread with 1000 pages, those I kind of hit and miss. LOL

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    It depends on the thread. If it's in one of my regularly watched forums, I probably read every post. If it's a reported post, then yeah, I generally go back and read the whole thread to get a feel for the context before I take action. If it's a subject that I think has the potential to explode but seems to be simmering first, I might just pop in and catch a few posts here and there.

I used to read every single post that was posted, but that was back when there were like 30 new posts a day. I think I stopped reading every post when I broke the 700 new posts since my last login mark. Today it was 1400 posts. And I was just here this morning. /sigh

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Anybody other than me......... actually read anything other than the first and the last post in a thread?!?!? :rolleyes:

I get so tired of reading through a thread where somebody asks a question and 14 people answer with the exact same answer because they didn't bother to see if it had been answered already. Now... I'm not talking a ten page thread, I'm talking a one or two page thread!!!! Is it really that hard to see if you're going to be helping or just sounding like a parrot?? :dunno:

Sheeze!!!! :n00b:

Oh...... and I'll add that "alot" is NOT a freaking' word!!!!! :runaway:

OK.... I feel better now!!! :facepalm:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Yep and I've found where I have replied to a post that is about the same as someone else's, so my post is again a duplication of thought...

There seems to be some days that are dry with nothing much going on of interest...but days like today have been quite active with some good discussions. Not that I participate in all of them, but reading them are certainly entertaining.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'll counter your question with another. Am I the only one who breezes through a thread, looking only for posters whose opinion I think I might be interested in?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    If I'm interested in the thread subject, I'll read the whole thread.

I tend to stay away from the threads that ask questions that have been answered ad infinitum because I have nothing to add, the question usually gets answered within three replies to the post, and if the thread somehow goes beyond two pages, there is usually the person that comes into the thread and writes something to the effect of, "I haven't read all the replies here but I'll chime in with ...", basically restating several of the earlier replies.

Holding my cursor over the title of the thread throws up a preview of the first couple of sentences of a thread and I use that as a guide to see if I'm interested enough to enter the thread to read the entire thread. Other than that, I skip the thread in its entirety.

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    I generally read everything unless I go into the politics section and then I read until I start wanting to gouge my eyes out, at which point I start skipping ahead looking for the part where name calling starts.:popcorn:

renegade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    IN
    If it is about something that i'm intrested in or if I have an answer, I read all the way through. If I find my comment has been made already then I don't post. That why I have such a low count.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I breezed through this thread, looking only for posters whose opinions I thought I might be interested in.

Now I am going elsewhere. :@ya:

Top Bottom