• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm thinking of buying a Benellli SBE II for turkey and ducks. Anyone have one? Curious to hear opinions, complaints, experiences, etc..

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    I have a SBE. Dont think its a II. I can tell you that I have put it through some very extreme hunting conditions over a period of about 10 years and it never failed. Its my waterfowl and turkey gun. I have a 62 yard turkey kill with it which isn't phenomenal, but its pretty darn good. I have also had mine on numerous Pheasant hunts out west.
    I have been trying to figure out how to get the parts to convert it to Tactical. Good luck

scsbronco

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    I had. SBE II with comfort tech stock. Best shotgun I had ever owned. I thought I was getting out of Pheasant hunting. So, I traded it for a Nightforce compact. Mine would run with any over and under I've handled. I will buy another Benelli some day. In my opinion nobody hold a candle to them.

Also the easiest shotgun on earth to clean NO gas system to maintain!!!

augdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Sheridan
    I have A SBE II Left Hand for pheasant hunting out west. At first I had A problem with the left hand controls after having to shoot right handed guns all my life. But know I love the gun. Shoots and carry well. handles light loads all the way up to 3.5 loads. I guess you could say the gun been bullet proof!

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    120   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    My dad bought an SBE (not II) years ago - searched long and hard for one at the time. He absolutely loves the shotgun. He hunted with it for years. Got stuck in the mud walking once and used it to dig himself out! At any rate, there did come a time that it quit cycling right, and he just had to clean the accumulation of dirt and weeds and such out to get it back in shape.

I had the opportunity to pick one up a few years back too. And have since gotten rid of most other shotguns (had a Mossberg 935 and 835, as well as an 870 Express Ultramag). I don't use mine like he did, but very happy with it. Think you will be too, except the capital outlay to get one!

And if you ever think you are going to put a slug barrel on it, be prepared to pay dearly again!

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Yep, and even though I own a bunch of hunting shotguns it is my absolutely favorite hunting gun. Extremely reliable, light to,carry in the field, manages recoil very well on heavy loads, and to me has a perfect swing weight.

I could not recommend it highly enough for you.

Pic from this past November out in Dakota with the dog and SBE II

65a85d718d4b425ec39afecd6f6079ad.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm pretty much sold on the SBE II. Thanks for the input gentlemen. Now I just have to save up the significant amount of scratch required. :(

Top Bottom