• ...and so much more!
  • Big Country

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Downtown
    Practice Tests

IMHO just take as many practice tests as possible. Take two or three timed tests and then figure out where you are weak. Kaplans makes a good book but do not waste your time on the stuff you find yourself doing well on. I did the self study and took the test twice. PM me if you have any additional questions.

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    IMHO just take as many practice tests as possible. Take two or three timed tests and then figure out where you are weak. Kaplans makes a good book but do not waste your time on the stuff you find yourself doing well on. I did the self study and took the test twice. PM me if you have any additional questions.

Thanks, that is what i was looking for!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Does the LSAT require knowledge of law, or is it genuinely an aptitude test, like the GRE, MCAT, etc.?

hoosiertriangle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Avon, IN
    The LSAT requires no knowledge of the law. It is, generally speaking, an applied logic test.

I would recommend doing a couple practice test replicating test conditions, and then seeing where you fall short. Focus on those areas using a couple of the books and then retest. If you see continued improvement, then I would stick with that. If there is still troubled areas, I would look at one of the classes (say from Kaplan). They are expensive, but can be very helpful if you know what you need to get out of them.

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    Took it 6 years ago. Kaplan's stuff is fine -- you can check out their books from the public library or school library and save the $$$. Take lots of practice tests. I would take 5+ full practice tests so that you have a good sense of what it feels like to take a whole test.

Focusing your studying on your weak points is good advice. Good luck!

skigun75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Indiana
    Take as many tests as you can handle. And don't procrastinate.

Oh, and take the MCAT instead.

No, really. Be a doctor.

Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    Don't get discouraged by your scores on your practice tests, either. I took 3 practice tests and scored a point worse on each than the one before it. I scored a few points higher on the actual test than on my highest practice test.

Top Bottom