• ...and so much more!
  • Stimp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    Hi all.
    As the warmer weather approaches and the ease of CC diminishes I am looking for something to allow for easy CC.. I have looked at the IWB style holsters but those are mostly pistol specific.. I have a few different carry options and have been looking at the Belly Band Holsters as an what appears to be a good option.. they look simple enough and are not pistol specific..
    Has anybody used one?
    What brand?
    Pros/Cons?
    Any help would be appreciated before I purchase one for myself.
    Thanks everyone.

Stimp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    Posted in this section due to direct audience for answers.... Understand holster questions can be posted in Accessories and Gear but would like to leave it here for hopefully better responses due to first hand experiences.
    Thanks all

Last edited:

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I use a belly-band on rare occasions where I'm trying to "dress up" w/o a jacket. I have a tuckable holster, but I've found that (for me) the bulk of the holster with the pistol makes me look like I'm wearing a colostomy bag:noway:. The belly band holds either my cm9 or even my 1911 officer's model close enough that if I blouse my shirt it hides the pistol (btw I'm THIN).
    The down-side is that the pistol tends to work up out from the "holster" and my belt, if my move around a lot. Mine has a thumb strap to prevent that, but I'd never draw in time using it. The velcro also gets uncomfortable unless I have a t-shirt under it.
    The belly-band I have is made by "Action Direct". Bianchi makes one that might be worth checking out.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Hi all.
    As the warmer weather approaches and the ease of CC diminishes I am looking for something to allow for easy CC.. I have looked at the IWB style holsters but those are mostly pistol specific.. I have a few different carry options and have been looking at the Belly Band Holsters as an what appears to be a good option.. they look simple enough and are not pistol specific..
    Has anybody used one?
    What brand?
    Pros/Cons?
    Any help would be appreciated before I purchase one for myself.
    Thanks everyone.

Mostly pistol specific?

How many carry guns do you have? Why not spend the money on a more quality IWB holster? Such as a Comp-TAC MTAC. It's way better than any Belly Band type holster out there. Plus with the MTAC, you can swap out the Kydex "shell" to use the holster with multiple guns.

With a quality IWB holster, and a good gun belt, you can easily conceal any type of gun in any weather, in any condition.

What IWB holster do you have now?

Littlejoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Elrod Indiana
    I have a Kangaroo Air Marshall. It is a great way to carry in the summer time. I wear a wife beater under it and can wear a t-shirt over it and I carry a Glock 19 or 36 with no trouble. I think they are under $50 Bucks.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    While I was waiting on my LTCH, I wore one around the house for a few days thinking that would be best for me as a woman. I don't remember what brand, but the elastic is itchy w/o a t-shirt underneath, and I had issues with the gun and belly band riding up. I like the Thunderwear much better! However IWB in appendix carry is my favorite. FWIW.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I've used a DeSantis for both a sub-compact Glock and Ruger LCR. I use this more of a waist band, wearing it around the hips more than the belly. Works good. I wear this while running. You just have to make sure the gun is secure in the slot (generic slot) and that you have it on tight and secure.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Belly bands are awesome for tuckable carry and REALLY AWESOME for wearing pants/shorts without a belt. They are the only way to carry concealed while wearing things like scrubs or running shorts.

I also think they are the best way for people to start carrying until they find a position that is most comfortable to them. I know I carried SOB, appendix, 3:30-4, and now back to appendix. I bought holsters for each position. If I had a belly band first I would have saved some $$$ and wouldn't have so many holsters I don't use.

Plus they are cheap, I think the one I have was $25. It looks like hell but still works perfectly well.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    those of you contemplating / buying belly bands for yourselves...

You MUST practice drawing from these at an even higher rate than from a traditional belt holster (And you all do practice that, right?)

They're not quick to get to. They're not easy to get to. You may find that if you wear a button-up shirt, that they're really hard to get to as they tend to be a little more form fitting. Are you prepared to rip clothing - even practicing?

A band, worn up high, under a button-up shirt + an unbuttoned button + tie make a great 'executive' CC option.

But being able to get to your gun quickly and without shooting something other than what you intend is paramount.

Top Bottom