• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    I have the past 3 years and only got 1, two years ago. This weekend I saw 3 flush in our marsh on saturday, then 1 on sunday. Season opens Friday but probably won't get out till Saturday morning. All the books I have read says early morning is the best time to hunt them.

Does anybody else woodcock hunt? if so where do you go?

willhirsch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    I see one or two a year on our farm (parke co.) around the swamps, but couldn't imagine trying to find them if I was looking for them!

birdhunter55

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Clarksburg, Indiana
    Woodcock hunting

Being a quail hunter, yes, me and my buddies do enjoy chasing the elusive timberdoodle. Woodcock season comes in before quail and gives us a great chance to get the dogs out for a little tune up. They love the heavy wooded areas and if there is a small stream running through, that is even better. We normally get into a couple of flights each year. Just wish this warm weather would drop a bit before the season starts

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    Being a quail hunter, yes, me and my buddies do enjoy chasing the elusive timberdoodle. Woodcock season comes in before quail and gives us a great chance to get the dogs out for a little tune up. They love the heavy wooded areas and if there is a small stream running through, that is even better. We normally get into a couple of flights each year. Just wish this warm weather would drop a bit before the season starts

Agree, a little exercise before pheasant season opens. A chance to get the rust out.

Top Bottom