Anyone a member of the Izaak Walton Club in Shelby?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FAL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    NWI
    I'm looking for a regular place to shoot, hang out and do other outdoor activities and this looks like it's pretty close to me. I'm in NWI and I'd rather shoot outdoors than indoors. I'd also like a place that is family-friendly so my kids can enjoy it too. I was looking around and saw that the club in Shelby isn't too far from me.

Is anyone here a member, or have any of you shot there? Just looking for some additional information on the range and some of their other outdoor activities before I take the plunge and join. Thanks for any info!

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    There are several members on INGO. You may get a better response in the NWI thread in the break room.
    I am a member, having just joined in Jan. It's a nice place overall. The range is a single lane affair with a covered bench at 100 yards and moveable benches at 50 and 25 yards. There are no prohibitions against moving and shooting or rapid/full auto. If someone is hunting/scouting in the woods the range is closed and the person going hunting is supposed to post the sign.
    They have skeet shooting on a monthly basis, but I haven't been.
    They also have an archery tower, but I don't have a bow so I can't tell you much about it.
    They also have access to the Kankakee river. You could put in a canoe or kayak, but not a power boat.
    Everyone that I have met there has been very friendly and helpful.

FAL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    NWI
    There are several members on INGO. You may get a better response in the NWI thread in the break room.
    I am a member, having just joined in Jan. It's a nice place overall. The range is a single lane affair with a covered bench at 100 yards and moveable benches at 50 and 25 yards. There are no prohibitions against moving and shooting or rapid/full auto. If someone is hunting/scouting in the woods the range is closed and the person going hunting is supposed to post the sign.
    They have skeet shooting on a monthly basis, but I haven't been.
    They also have an archery tower, but I don't have a bow so I can't tell you much about it.
    They also have access to the Kankakee river. You could put in a canoe or kayak, but not a power boat.
    Everyone that I have met there has been very friendly and helpful.

That's great! Thank you for the response, and based on your report, I may have found a place to hang out. Sounds very promising. Thanks again!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :facepalm:
    Bill B you forgot to invite our new member to the Meet & Shoots and tell him about the NWI INGO social group. :)

See my signature for the links. We are very active in NWI.

Top Bottom