• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EatMeerkats

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    So, a couple of my regular shooting buddies have either moved away or are moving soon. Is anyone else here interested in coming out and shooting USPSA? I shoot about 2-3 matches a month, and it'd be nice to have more people to carpool with.

This month, I will be shooting this Sunday (14th) and the next (21st). Doesn't matter if you're new... the people are awesome and we'll get you squared away. I only started shooting in March of '07, and they put up with my n00b skills for quite a while. :): It is seriously the most fun you can have with a gun!!

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    I live in Spencer, about 17-miles from IU Bloomington. I am a part-time IU grad student.

I don't have any experience with USPSA but I'd really like to get started. I already have all the gear I need for single-stack/Limited 10, and I'm gearing up to shoot production too (9mm).

I am free every Sunday to shoot. It'd be great if we could carpool; etc - and I'm also a noob and am looking for advice.

EatMeerkats

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    Great! If you're up for coming out this Sunday, send me a PM and we can arrange to meet up. Same goes for anyone else who's interested. I will probably be leaving Bloomington at about 8am, since the match is up in Atlanta (just north of Indy). For the WVPPS matches, we could just meet in Spencer, since it's on the way.

The matches I usually attend:
    Practical Shooters { www.practicalshooters.com } - South Central (1st Sunday of the month)
    Atlanta Conservation Club (2nd Sunday)
    http://wvpps.com/ (3rd Sunday... there is also Steel Challenge 1st Sat.)

There is a great guide for new shooters at Your First Uspsa Match - Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo! (must register to read, but that forum is a must-read for USPSA shooters anyway so DO IT). Any other questions, just ask. I assure you that all of these clubs are very friendly to new shooters.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    Great! If you're up for coming out this Sunday, send me a PM and we can arrange to meet up.

I'm up for the match on Sunday, but I can't send you a PM because you have to have posted 10 messages on this forum before being allowed to send PMs. Maybe you could PM me with your e-mail address and phone number and we could converse outside of the forum?

Thanks,

Matt

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Dude make some posts. Ten is not a big number for posts anyway. Welcome to USPSA. Look forward to meeting you on Sunday.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Rhino posts 10-20 per hour when he is on here. That does not count when he is hopped up on caffinee.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    Quick question...
    I have 6 magazines for my 1911. Do you think that will be enough for each stage?

One other thing... I only have 1 mag holder that holds two magazines. Is it OK to retrieve additional magazines from my pockets? I'm not worried about slowing my time down (it'll be slow anyway)... I just want to make sure that's not against the rules.

EatMeerkats

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    Quick question...
    I have 6 magazines for my 1911. Do you think that will be enough for each stage?

One other thing... I only have 1 mag holder that holds two magazines. Is it OK to retrieve additional magazines from my pockets? I'm not worried about slowing my time down (it'll be slow anyway)... I just want to make sure that's not against the rules.
    Yes, the longest USPSA stages are 32 rounds, so you'll be fine. It's also fine to back pocket mags if you don't have enough holders. I don't believe it's legal to use your front pockets, but we'll have to ask Coach or check the rulebook for a definitive answer. Btw, I sent you an e-mail though the forum instead of a PM... did you get it? :)

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    Yes, the longest USPSA stages are 32 rounds, so you'll be fine. It's also fine to back pocket mags if you don't have enough holders. I don't believe it's legal to use your front pockets, but we'll have to ask Coach or check the rulebook for a definitive answer. Btw, I sent you an e-mail though the forum instead of a PM... did you get it? :)

No, I didn't get your e-mail. Maybe you could e-mail my IU account? My username is mdeaner ; I'm guessing you know what @domain.edu to add to it:)

Thanks...

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

Any pocket is legal. If I can remember I will bring some extra that may be borrowed for the match.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    soundlikejosh would probably be interested too ...

Well, yes, that is true. I have a few equipment hurdles, mainly mags, but I am sure I can solve that. The biggest issue is that I have been busier than a one armed wallpaper hanger with the sniffles. Stealing away this weekend sounds a bit unlikely. The weekends are what I use to accomplish all the crap that I fell behind on during the week.

Thanks for thinking of me.

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    Glad to see me are getting new shooters out to the sport. Hope to see some new faces this weekend. This also goes for anyone who lives in the New Castle area. I can give someone a ride to this weekends to the Atlanta match.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Dry up. Come to ACC and shoot with use common people. You know I can use your help. Plus no one has more extra equipment with them that you.

Top Bottom