• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gewehr3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    I've taken 3 of Craig's classes. I highly recommend getting in the best aerobic shape as possible. You don't learn much when you are exhausted.
    Get into judo, mma, or bjj classes before class. Read and watch AARs of the classes.

Finally, wear your protective gear, and don't trust the other students too much. Once the adrenaline gets going, some of them go way overboard. I saw and experienced some
    things that IMHO were tad too much for an open enrollment course by fellow over amped students. I thought this detracted from the learning experience.

Craig's course material is gold, and totally changed the way I view things. I recommend it, but know what you are getting into. Cecil Burch's class I think would be a better class for an average
    joe to start with.

Last edited:

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I've taken 3 of Craig's classes. I highly recommend getting in the best aerobic shape as possible. You don't learn much when you are exhausted.
    Get into judo, mma, or bjj classes before class. Read and watch AARs of the classes.

Being in good shape is always a good idea and you will have a more pleasant time if you are. So I don't entirely disagree but you'll be okay if you dont. You'll get good value either way. The best part of the class, and most valuable, is the test. You get to see where you stand and where you need the work. I'm not big on the idea of preparing for training by training. Go learn where your holes are before you start focusing resources on filling the holes. Craig is good at pairing people off appropriately from what I saw. You'll probably be put with someone of similar experience or inexperience if possible.

Last edited:

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Being in good shape is always a good idea and you will have a more pleasant time if you are. So I don't entirely disagree but you'll be okay if you dont. You'll get good value either way. The best part of the class, and most valuable, is the test. You get to see where you stand and where you need the work. I'm not big on the idea of preparing for training by training. Go learn where your holes are before you start focusing resources on filling the holes.

This is similar to how I explained my reasoning to VERT. I know that this is a big valley of mine and last year I decided this was the year to start building up the valleys closer to the peaks. What benchmark do I choose? One that is recognized across the industry...

I'm going to be gassed and sore, but I need to start somewhere...

gewehr3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Being in shape and having some background in combat sports will allow you to have a clearer mind, and better context for learning in the ECQC H2H portion IMHO. I believe this approach allows a student to get the most out of the class.

After the class, you'll realize you suck, and do this stuff anyways before re-taking the class. YMMV

Top Bottom