• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    Anyone ever bought guns at a yard sale? Would you ever have reservations about buying a gun at one? I personally have seen a Mosin Nagant for sale at one and there is one tommorrow in Newburgh that advertises shotguns and rifles. Are there deals to be had buying firearms from yardsales? My fiance thinks that anyone that sells a gun at a yard sale is a NUT but to me it is like most any other private transaction.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    i picked up an 870 for $35,and a win 1400 for $50 at the same sale a couple of years ago. both are in perfect working order and probably 90% condition. i got a NEF 12ga for $20 at another sale. deals are out there.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I just don't have the stomach for going to garage sales. I see enough 'junk' at my own house. I usually don't like to see other people's junk.

Now if they ALL usually had firearms, that would change. But to have to wade through 100 to find one that does, I can't take that.

49CJ3A

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I've picked up a few items at garage sales. Some great deals can be had especially on accessories for hunting. If I'm interested in something i usually start a conversation with the seller to get an idea of who they are. The deals are out there but usually you have to stumble across them.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    I wouldn't have any hesitation to buy a gun at a yard sale. Why would this be any different than any other private gun sale?

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I've picked up a few items at garage sales. Some great deals can be had especially on accessories for hunting. If I'm interested in something i usually start a conversation with the seller to get an idea of who they are. The deals are out there but usually you have to stumble across them.

And folks, if there is anyone on this forum who can stumble across deals, 49CJ3A is the one. Trust me! :D

preachere

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Mishawaka
    I've bought guns at garage sales before. No big deal and there are bargains to be had. I've probably walked away from a whole lot more guns at garage sales than I've bought though.

Regards,
    Eric

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Harder to find deals at garage sales these days, but yes, in the past I've found some nice deals at yard sales. Some are old timers wives who don't know what they have, I've found deals from .22 plinkers, to nice carry pieces at yard sales, but as stated above, buyer beware, and ALWAYS go to yard sales with a pocket full of cash!

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I have purchased many firearms at yard/ garage sales and even a flea market.

I bought a .44 mag Desert Eagle at a local garage sale... pics in the pic thread and a Rem 1187 at the Gnawbone flea market a few years back, it even had the FR Cantalever barrel w/ 1.5-4x scope.

I purchased some .223 for $2.50 a box earlier this year too. Reloading stuff used to be found pretty cheap too... but not the last year or so.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I look for guns, but haven't found any. I don't go to garage sales that often though.

I always ask the wife/female who is selling stuff if she's got any of her husband's hunting stuff or guns she wants to get rid of. ;)

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    YES! I bought 3 22lr rifles last year for 50 each the lady thought they were pellet guns. I told her what they was she still said they were 50$ each. Also bought her 2 muzzle loaders at that price and one actual pellet gun for 25$

Muddy_Ford

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Hartford City
    I have bought a fully rifled bolt action slug 12ga marlin bolt action for $150 with a nice scope too. Still kick myself for not buying the scoped marlin 30-30 he had too, but at the time I didn't have another $250.

Seeing as how the Wife loves yard sales I always have someone to scout for me! :D The only downside is I do get dragged along occasionally. (We need an emote showing being dragged by the scruff of neck. lol) Now that is not to say that I don't enjoy going to yard sales, because I do, just that she goes to too many for me at one time.

And round here there are only time i would really be inclined to make a day out of going to yard sales is during the tractor and engine show. :rockwoot: Because that is when the people put out their "good stuff."

MeltonLaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Downtown Indy
    I bought a Belgian youth training rifle in .32 cal for $20 bucks right after I turned 18. Traded it for a shotgun at a flea market then sold that for $120. I like yardsales but not waking up that early.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Couple years ago I found a Chinese Mil. (not Norinco) SKS with all issued accessories still in the cosmo with a handful of ammo for $125. There were two people standing behind me ready to buy if I didn't.

Top Bottom