Anyone buy a new gun today. If so what kind???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • z5843

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Just wondering if anyone bought a gun today and what kind???
    I think this will be cool to see how many guns are sold everyday in Indiana

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I bought this yesterday. Should be here Friday.

ST-15 ARFCOM High End Mid-Length Piston Rifle (Model A)

Model (A) Upper Specs

-Spike's Tactical M4 flat top upper receiver, Machined from a 7075 T6 Mil-Spec Forging with Mil-Spec Type III Hardcoat Anodized finish, T-markings, ARFCOM logo and M4 feed ramps. Mil-Spec Dryfilm lube on the inside of the upper receiver.

-These Mil-Spec M4 flat top upper receivers are made and designed to be used with our piston system. The op-rod hole is the proper diameter so a bushing is not required at all, and the cam pin slot has been optimized for a piston system.

-Daniel Defense Barrel is Cold Hammer Forged 4150 Chromoly Vanadium Alloy, M4 barrel extension, Chrome chamber and bore, 5.56mm Nato chamber, 1:7 Twist, Magnetic particle testing on every barrel, Mil-Spec Phosphate finish on the outside.

-16" Mid-Length Government profile with Mid-length gas system.

-Barrel is Phosphate finished under the Gas piston block.

Gas Piston Block Specs

-Machined from High quality stainless steel.

-Low profile design.

-Pinned to the barrel using (2) 1/8 hardened straight pins.

-The piston block has 3 gas settings: full gas, suppressed, and no gas (single shot)

-The piston Block is Melonite coated inside and out.

Piston Plug and Op Rod Specs

-Both are machined from High quality stainless steel.

-Melonite coated inside and out.

-The system can be broken down from the front, requiring no tools.

Bolt/Carrier Specs

-The carriers are a 1pc design with a solid key. (No bolt on carrier key)

-The carriers have skies as well as a champher on the rear end of it to prevent carrier tilt and drag.

-The carriers are Melonite coated inside and out and Engraved with our Spider logo.

-The Hard Chrome MP tested bolts are spring loaded.

-Each extractor is fitted with a Mil-Spec black insert and Mil-Spec Viton o-ring.

-9" Daniel Defense Lite rail.

-Spike's Tactical Billet charging handle.

-Phantom 52C Flash Hider.

Model (A) Lower Specs

-Spike's Tactical Lower, Machined from a 7075 T6 Mil-Spec Forging, Mil-Spec Type III Hardcoat Anodized finish, Laser engraved with AR15.com logo.

-Mil-Spec lower parts kit with Rounded hammer.

-Nickel Boron coated Trigger, Hammer, and Disconnector. (The smoothest and most durable Factory trigger you will ever feel)

-Magpul MOE trigger guard.

-Magpul MOE Grip.

-KNS Gen II Mod II Anti-Rotation trigger and hammer pins.

-6 Position Mil-Spec buffer tube, castle nut and Properly staked DD receiver end plate with sling QD socket.

-ST-T2 Tungsten Heavy buffer.

-Mil-Spec 17-4 stainless steel buffer spring.

-Magpul ACS stock.

-Color Fill on Selector markings.

Model (A) Accessories

-Spike's Tactical Custom Carry Case in Brown.

-Two Magpul 30rd Pmags

-Rail mounted DD sling QD socket.

-2 point sling.

-Optional Front and Rear Troy BUIS.

lazarus0213

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   1
    Jan 29, 2010
    Eden
    does my rra .458 marked lower count? Planning on building it this weekend and transplanting the rra upp on to it! should be a smooth boring endevour

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    does last sunday count if so I ended up with a xd 40 sub compact, No I'm not giving up on M&P's there was a trade opportunity and I took it, I'll shoot it, if I like it I'll keep it, if not you'll see it here sometime

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I don't understand why one liners are such a big deal if you have less than 50 posts, but no one seems to give a flying flag about one liners after 50 posts.:n00b:

I guess you have to earn the RIGHT to post one lines :): by first proving your post worthiness.

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    So IndyMonkey bought a gun,

and we hear about it in 20-column-inches of drool! (It's MY drool ! ! ) I'm shopping for one, and your data are mouth-watering!! THANKS! I'm printing out your list. The gun I actually bought (tell me whether YOU THINK it is worth it): Marlin, 1894, walnut / blue, 20", lever-gun in .44 mag, like my Desert eagle, 14" (There IS a plan there). $500 NIB cash and carry. Pat.

Last edited:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    and we hear about it in 20-column-inches of drool! (It's MY drool ! ! ) I'm shopping for one, and your data are mouth-watering!! THANKS! I'm printing out your list. The gun I actually bought (tell me whether YOU THINK it is worth it): Marlin, 1894, walnut / blue, 20", lever-gun in .44 mag, like my Desert eagle, 14" (There IS a plan there). $500 NIB cash and carry. Pat.

Actually I didnt come up with the specs but it was the direction that I wanted to build one in. It just happened that AR15.com had that as their 2009 team rifle that anyone could buy. Worked out pretty well as it was already built and waiting for my CC.:D

I do have a spot in my heart for 1894 marlins. Killed my first bear with a 45-70 guide gun. Sounds like you got a good gun.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I bought a 10/22 a few days ago that I plan on setting up in the "Liberty Trainer" configeration for Appleseed.

Someone mentioned a "gateway" gun. I figure once I get to shoot an Appleseed then I will offer the gun as a loaner to my other friends and family and try to get them to go shoot at Appleseed shoots as well. I may even offer them free ammo.

harleyindys

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Southside Indy
    I just got this today Colt Dragon
    dragon_1911-tfb.jpg

Top Bottom