• ...and so much more!
  • M1 carbine dad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Danville
    Hey INGO'ers...

I'm looking at a CZ 75-P07 Duty as an EDC pistol and wanted some insight from anyone who carries one.

I've read all the reviews and seen the YouTube vids on it and for all intents and purposes, it seems like a wonderful piece (despite the mini-slide).

I still need to get the wife behind one because, while it's my EDC, she needs to be able to be comfortable enough with it to be able to train and shoot it.

She recently shot a Walther PPX and really liked it but I have an issue with the size of it or the PPQ. Plus, the CZ has a hammer and de-cocker and I really like that feature. The Walther does not.

So, in anyone's experience, how does it shoot? Is it really as easy to get your point of aim like the reviews say? What are your thoughts on the stock sights? Ergonomics? Aftermarket parts?

I know, I'm asking a lot. But if there's a group out there that's not afraid to share their thoughts, it's INGO-ers!

Lemme have it!

Thanks all...

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I don't own a CZ yet, but I shot a Baby Eagle the other day and freaking loved it. If you plan on open carrying like the police do then a full size is great. For concealed carry though, you really should consider the compact version, or maybe another smaller gun. I like striker fired guns with an IWB holster for concealment.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    P07s have the Omega trigger and are a really nice shooter. I have had a couple of them. I just can't get used to a plastic gun. My preference for carry would be the P01 which has an alloy frame or the all steel 75 Compact which is my EDC. I also am not a big fan of a decocker but everyone to their own taste. The P07s that I have had have both been reliable and accurate.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I still need to get the wife behind one because, while it's my EDC, she needs to be able to be comfortable enough with it to be able to train and shoot it.
    That won't be hard - my wife loves her P-07.

So, in anyone's experience, how does it shoot? Is it really as easy to get your point of aim like the reviews say? What are your thoughts on the stock sights? Ergonomics? Aftermarket parts?
    Feels great and shoots great. Best out-of-the-box trigger I've seen on a gun of that style.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I want an SP-01 in the worst way :yesway:

I agree completely but they are very difficult to find these days. Also, they are a bit too big, IMHO, for an EDC. I am just getting finished having a full size 75B modified which will spend some time in a shoulder rig this winter, I am sure.

mrzachary

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2012
    I own one. Love it. I don't carry it so I can't really tell you how that is though. I have been a bit slow on ordering my holster as I do plan on carrying it.

As far as ergos its great. I love the decocker and also the large slide release. I also like the large trigger guard for wrapping my finger around when shooting. The small slide is more a problem when thinking about how it might be harder to rack than it is to actually rack it. The slide has really nice serrations that really allow you to grab a hold.

I am a thin human so most guns print on me unless I wear a larger sweatshirt. Bringing this up because it is definitely not the thinnest gun out there. Compact yes. Thin no.

Also, I will say that I like the sights very well, but from the factory the rear sight has some sharp corners on the outer edges. When I begin to carry I will most definitely be taking a file to them.

Reliability has been great so far. But so far is not that far for me. I only have about 400 rds through it.

The gun has its downs but plenty of ups that I like alot. Mainly size and ergos.

8480174348_38dd83a5b2_z.jpg

Last edited:

Novocaine.223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Indy
    I have been carrying a cz p07 for a little over a year now. It's a heavy gun, i would suggest a carry belt i use a wilderness tactical belt. As for the holster, i use two A blackhawk ( i forget the number, cut off tag) and MDJ custom holster for the cz p07 that i got off eBay for 45 bucks (pic). I replaced the sights with Hiviz green sights (pic) myself, had a lot problems with fitting the front sights needed to be sanded down i recommend a professional to do it. Only have one malfunction out the gun, the time i have owned it which was ammo related a low powder charge which cause the casing not to eject. Also, i have the older model which the mag don’t drop out all the way, it is said it's made that way to do tac reloads....i dont know if that right. The first batch has soft plastic different from my glock and M&P, this cause the gun get dent and scratches easier, but it a carry gun so I don’t care.
    Over all very happy with the gun, bought it for 399 before nunfancy and Hitchcock 45 did a review on the gun, it wasn’t that popular, but now price is higher, still a great deal at that price.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I have the cz and its a great shooter. Good capacity and accurate. I also have the ppq. I don't edc either. If I were to pick between them I'd edc the ppq. I got the cz used for $350 at the gun show from a walker. I'd take the cz over the ppx but pick the ppq over the cz.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I agree completely but they are very difficult to find these days. Also, they are a bit too big, IMHO, for an EDC. I am just getting finished having a full size 75B modified which will spend some time in a shoulder rig this winter, I am sure.

I carry mine every day and the size is pretty big, especially with the big mag and extension but it doesn't bother me...I usually OC, though.

On topic, I hold all CZ pistols in high regard. I've been drinking the Kool Aid for a few years. I have a P 07 on my list. I've yet to hear any negatives.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have a P-01 that is my EDC. I have handled but not shot the P-07. It is a very nice feeling gun and I have heard nothing but good things about them. But for me the all metal CZs are where its at. Just personal preference

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Why not loom at the walther PPS for EDC? Its a lot thinner (single stack) but it would be WAY better for EDC. And still has the walther ergos.

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    I love most CZ's and the P07. Mine has never failed to do anything. I chose it over a Glock 19 (and I love Glocks) because I could only get 1 handgun and I like pretty much everything about it. One thing I have noticed in particular that is a great feature is the grip. Some people whose hands might not fit other polymer autos really well usually fit this one superbly and it does this without a reduction in mag capacity.

PaxRomana

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    I have no range time with the P-07 but I own several CZs including two SP-01s (shadow custom and phantom) as well as a P-01. CZs are just plain awesome handguns all the way around. The SP-01 is not an EDC gun imo, too big and heavy but ymmv. It is by far my favorite range gun however. The P-01 is a great carry gun, shorter and lighter but same ergos as the full size CZs. I did handle a P-07 at my LGS and I was impressed. All the feedback I have seen on it has been positive. If you end up picking one up, be sure to give us a range report!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If you guys aren't careful everyone will know how awesome CZs are. Then they will be even harder to find. Ya, ya, try that Walther single stack, that sounds like an awesome gun.

M1 carbine dad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Danville
    Thanks everyone for all your information!

I wound up picking one up on Fathers Day for myself with proceeds from a **gasp** Glock sale! << fire up the Glockies flaming me >>

I have a FOBUS holster on the way for EDC. I understand everyone's point about it being wide...it is. I'm currently carrying in a janky, old black nylon holster from about 20 years ago with the floppy belt clip. It's awful.

I haven't shot it yet but will get range time on 7/6 when I take basic pistol class from a user here.

So far I love it! It's waaay lighter than the 1911, my wife seems OK with it, even the kids like it.

I will definitely update after the range... WOO HOO! New toy for dad!!!

TheDoaner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Southern IN
    I've put about 1400 problem free rounds through my P07 Duty. I like the ergonomics better than my Glock or XD's as I have smaller hands. I initially had to drift my rear sight slightly right. The trigger is good for a tupperware gun and it's accurate. Mine has the thumb safety which I prefer. The sights I will probably replace, the lanyard loop I could care less about but the gun is a winner for combining accuracy, reliability and ergonomics at under $500. I don't carry it because I prefer others for that purpose and finding a good holster for it isn't exactly easy.

Top Bottom