• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    I bought my Walther PPS as a second choice to the above mentioned and have really kind of regretted it just because I'm smitten with the appearance of the USP C stainless/black model.

I know it isn't about aesthetics but from what I've read about the two you really can't go wrong? The only issues I've read are that the USP is not very ergonomic for smaller hands... Which I have.

Anyone carry either of these? How do you personally like them? Would you buy em over again given the same opportunity?

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Wow...here we go:

I actually carry a HK USP 45 Compact with Stainless Slide, MOST of the time. When I need something a bit thinner and slightly more concealable, I carry a Walther PPS in 9mm. I wear a size medium work glove (Mechanix style) and have ZERO issues with manipulating the HK. For the PPS, I bought one of those rubberized sticker grips where you put it on then take a hair dryer or heat gun to it and it makes the grip AWESOME!!!

Don't get rid of that PPS, you'll really appreciate it when conditions dictate that you need a slim but powerful pistol. Here's a link to the holster I use for it...makes it really easy to carry:

Custom Kydex Holster for Smith Wesson Walther Handgun IWB | eBay

I will add that if you have the opportunity to buy an HK USP 45 C with stainless slide, JUMP ON IT! They are no longer made and have become quite collectable.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Yes, normally carry either HK45C or M&Pc in Comp Tac OWB Holster.

How do you like the HK45C? Ever have any issues with concealing it?

Wow...here we go:

I actually carry a HK USP 45 Compact with Stainless Slide, MOST of the time. When I need something a bit thinner and slightly more concealable, I carry a Walther PPS in 9mm. I wear a size medium work glove (Mechanix style) and have ZERO issues with manipulating the HK. For the PPS, I bought one of those rubberized sticker grips where you put it on then take a hair dryer or heat gun to it and it makes the grip AWESOME!!!

Don't get rid of that PPS, you'll really appreciate it when conditions dictate that you need a slim but powerful pistol. Here's a link to the holster I use for it...makes it really easy to carry:

Custom Kydex Holster for Smith Wesson Walther Handgun IWB | eBay

I will add that if you have the opportunity to buy an HK USP 45 C with stainless slide, JUMP ON IT! They are no longer made and have become quite collectable.

Unfortunately times right now don't allow me to have two guns. I'm in a transition between jobs after the business I was at closed several months ago. I basically need to sell it for some extra cash. I'll be back to good in about a month probably though.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I carried a full sized USP for about a year after I first moved here. I loved the pistol and wold still have it but life intruded and many of my higher dollar, easier to sell firearms had to be sold to pay some medical bills until the suit was settled. Since then I just can't seem to spend that kind of money on a pistol again since I haven't got the same finances I once had, despite the settlement.

I have larger hands (glove size L) though and found the pistol quite comfy to fire and shoot accurately. It was probably once of the nicest pistols I've owned. Magazines cost more than I think they really should for them, even before the whole "Scare" BS. Accessories were also a bit high on the price compared to others as well and frankly IMO, only because of the HK name.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    I carried a full sized USP for about a year after I first moved here. I loved the pistol and wold still have it but life intruded and many of my higher dollar, easier to sell firearms had to be sold to pay some medical bills until the suit was settled. Since then I just can't seem to spend that kind of money on a pistol again since I haven't got the same finances I once had, despite the settlement.

I have larger hands (glove size L) though and found the pistol quite comfy to fire and shoot accurately. It was probably once of the nicest pistols I've owned. Magazines cost more than I think they really should for them, even before the whole "Scare" BS. Accessories were also a bit high on the price compared to others as well and frankly IMO, only because of the HK name.

I don't think there's doubt in anyones mind that the HK name helps add to the price of everything and anything to do with HK firearms.

But they sure do seem worth it to a lot of people :D

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    I carry either a HK45c , HK P2000 or HK P7M8. Somtimes other HK's but those are my main 3. I also have small hands and no issues at all. Would I buy an HK45c again? I have 4 of them!

No issues with a USP or USPc either.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I carry a USPc .40 most of the time. The size doesn't bother me as I don't really care if the gun is printing, and I open carry quite a bit as well. It's not hard to hide as long as you don't wear tight shirts. I love how the gun shoots (for me) and it's always been 100% reliable.

Top Bottom