Anyone check YES to "psych. health care" question and got their Permit please help.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • random_eyes

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2009
    This letter from my doctor worked for me:

[Official Letterhead]

[DATE]

To Whom It May Concern:

[NAME] is currently being treated for the diagnosis [DIAGNOSIS]. His first appointment here was 9/22/09. He continues treatment at our outpatient clinic. He has never endorsed any aggressive or homicidal thoughts to me in his treatment sessions. I do not see any contraindication to his possession of a firearm.

Sincerely,

[signed]
    [Doctor Name]
    [Title]

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    i knew i was haveing a tough time and was going to go see a doctor. so i applied for my lifetime license quick and got it. then a couple of weeks later i made an appointment. it didnt ask on the form if i ever would in the future!

Trpanther

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I agree that alot of people will have to check yes, that they have had some kind of psychiatric health care ie... counseling of some sort in their life.

random_eyes

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2009
    When I applied in December the question asked "Have you ever been treated for psychiatric health care or an emotional or mental illness?"

FSquareSKS

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    I checked yes on mine for 2 reasons... 1 i had ADHD as a child...... so I was on all kinds of goofy meds..... and 2 i had some issues with depression when I lost my daughter.... But it sailed through without a hitch or a doctors note

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    you didnt even need a doctors note? then what is the point if even asking the question then.

well. to answer my own question. i dont think it should be asked in the first place. there are, im sure, millions who would need to have to check yes to that question and yet still be of sound moral standing.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    you didnt even need a doctors note? then what is the point if even asking the question then.

well. to answer my own question. i dont think it should be asked in the first place. there are, im sure, millions who would need to have to check yes to that question and yet still be of sound moral standing.

+1

i think that IF the question must be asked, it should be worded something like "have you ever been involuntarily committed to an institution or legally deemed a danger to yourself or others?"

being on zoloft when a loved one dies or the onset of a chronic illness should never disqualify someone of their right to keep or bear arms. :twocents:

Top Bottom