Anyone do Saiga conversions aorund Indy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Atlas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Have had this stock Saiga in 7.62x39 for over a year sitting in the original box and would like to have it converted to AK specs. Took it out once, the small mag and the hunting stock are just too much of a pain and it is SUCH an accurate rifle, just a shame to have it sitting in the closet.

So, anyone around indy do conversions? I know, it's fairly easy and kits are available online, i am just NOT that good and will likely FUBAR it.

let me know!

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Yep. It's pretty easy.

397073480.jpg

Herstal

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Can't you do this without any real smithing by leaving the trigger in it's factory position and using something like this:

Saiga Recoil Suppression Collapsible Stock with Pistol Grip [KLT004 - KickLite Saiga Black] - $99.95 : Mississippi Auto Arms, Inc ::, Your Source for Saiga, AK47, AR15, Tromix, Glock, and SKS firearms and accessories

Then you just need to make sure there are enough American made parts to be 922(r) compliant. I have a Saiga in 5.56 that I need to convert, but I'm thinking leaving the factory trigger stack is a better idea then trying to relocate it.

Lc Dgaf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Any body do a saiga 12 trigger conversion around Hammond? Or know a smith that can do it?

IndyAK

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Somewhere and Nowhere
    As stated above, it's an easy conversion. Just watch some YouTube videos and order the parts from Carolina Shooters Supply. The hardest part is painting the receiver and curing the paint. Luckily I don't cook in my oven and don't mind the smell. It only took a few hours to complete.

Any body do a saiga 12 trigger conversion around Hammond? Or know a smith that can do it?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    As stated above, it's an easy conversion. Just watch some YouTube videos and order the parts from Carolina Shooters Supply. The hardest part is painting the receiver and curing the paint. Luckily I don't cook in my oven and don't mind the smell. It only took a few hours to complete.

Meh. High temp flat black BBQ grill paint. No oven required, and looks perfect.

Lc Dgaf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Ya, I'm not the best mechanically with little parts. Looking to pay some one do it or do it with me there to learn it.

Top Bottom