Anyone else bothered by Gemtech's lack of product?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KJW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Lamb's Crossing
    I bought a gemtech multimount for my xd(M) and beretta cx4 storm. I had a long wait for the suppressor, a long wait to get the beretta threaded, and I've been waiting for the thread adapter to use the suppressor on the beretta for longer than anything. They've been listed as out of stock for over 1/2 year. I'm on a waiting list with gemtech and another suppressor distributor. I've emailed gemtech at least 3 times with no useful response.
    I get that the suppressor business is experiencing huge demand, but I cannot understand how they cannot manufacture a simple part in over 6 months.
    Am I alone in this?
    I will never purchase another gemtech product.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    I'm not sure about all of their adapters, but I know that some of them are subcontracted by other manufacturers. It's not that Gemtech is not making the part, but they are waiting on Company X to supply them.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have been waiting over a year for 1/2 X 36 LID for my Tundra!

I know they are busy with the military's contract but this has been too long!!

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    Same here. I have waited a year for my PTR adapter for my getmtech HVT. Also, they screwed something up when I put my order in originally so it took 8 months before it got to my dealer before I could begin the ATF paperwork on my side. I plan on avoiding gemtech in the future.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Sad to see this thread. Keep us posted. I have an Outback II which I had loved and as I consider my next suppressor, this thread has made me potentially reconsider.

Thanks...

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I waited 18 months for AAC product once. After years of following the different silencer manufacturers, GemTech is the one I will use for quality and standing behind their product. I don't know about this particular issue, but Gemtech has always been a top of the line manufacturer.

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    I waited 18 months for AAC product once. After years of following the different silencer manufacturers, GemTech is the one I will use for quality and standing behind their product. I don't know about this particular issue, but Gemtech has always been a top of the line manufacturer.

That only goes so far when you can get their product. I put cash money down on a PTR adapter on 1/15/2012 and I still haven't gotten it. Yes, a year and three months later and nothing. Yes, I FINALLY got the HVT I ordered about three weeks ago at the same time...but still a year plus for an order is a bit much. I know we are conditioned by the ATF that everything takes six months...but it shouldn't take manufactures that long to turn out product.

KJW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Lamb's Crossing
    Update: I got an email 9-17-13 from Gemtech saying that they had 50 thread adapters in stock and 84 people wanting 107 adapters. I was on my computer like white on rice and finally got my 1/2 x 28 thread adapter ordered. Now I will be able to use the Multimount on my 9mm Beretta CX4. A LONG wait, over a year, is finally coming to an end.

I still don't see myself buying from Gemtech again.

JTB4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2013
    United States
    A couple of guys I know in the firearms industry toured their facility here in MI last year and a lot of the conversation centered on new machinery, updated logistical initiatives, and better customer service in the future. Not sure what happened.

tws63

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    jennings county
    i ordered a 3 lug mount, took forever.
    when i finally reived email notification that they were in, i called immediately and placed my order.they said it would
    go the next day. never did. had to call back and remind them. two weeks later they hit my card.
    jeeezzzz.......

one would think with all the competition out there you would have to b on top of your game.

Top Bottom